PDA

View Full Version : Game Mode Ideas

Zechnophobe
11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
1) Defend the Castle!

In this game mode, you do not play a hero, but instead a governor trying to defend his land. You get X leadership of about 20 stacks of random units, and have to form them into 3 armies. A randomized hero then faces each of your armies in series, and you try to whittle down and kill the hero. You obviously control your troops, and get to chose the order that the hero faces your troops. The focus here is on a quick, but interesting game where you are not worried about losses, so much as how to make the most out of what you have.

2) Hero's Tournament

This multiplayer game mode allows you and your friends to 'draft' up the perfect army and equipment. For each player, a pack of lots is created. There are 8 lots in each pack, and a lot can contain: Troop stacks, runes, items, or dragon experience, and very rarely an armor bearer. Most are troops.

Start off, each player chooses one lot from their pack, and then they give their pack to the next player. That player than chooses a lot, and gives it to the next player, until all lots are chosen. Two more packs are created, and passed around.

Once all lots are divvied up, players trick out their Hero. They choose a hero class, and dragon type, level themselves up with their runes, equip items, and then choose which *7* stacks to put into an army (Remember that these were very random, so likely need them combined) up to some chosen leadership cap (fairly high, it should be rewarding if you can get a whole bunch of the same unit type).

You then play a round robin tournament to determine who made the best picks, and used the best strategy. Yay!

3) Build your own Hero

You start with a couple hundred thousand gold that you can spend on items, experience for you or your dragon, or troops. You use these fixed resources to 'build' the best hero you can, and then fight battles with your friends who used the same resource pool. Good times.

I know this is mostly just fantasy, but I always wished there was a 'play now' option in KB.

Zhuangzi
11-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I always wanted, and I still want, multiplayer. Not campaign multiplayer, just the tactical battles. But I doubt it will happen. :(

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Well, in order to create a multiplayer, the game has to be reworked. For example, how will a battle look like? Target spell - the opponent has the right to attack only the targeted unit. Ok, he dispells it, and puts target in return. You dispell it, while the rest of the troops dish out the damage and laughing at the two players who try to outwit each other :D

Zechnophobe
11-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Well, it isn't that complicated. An imp can cause you to attack something in mostly the same way. The difference is that at the start of a turn for a unit, if there is a target within range, it automatically attacks it instead of you being able to control it. If not, there is no effect.

The game is surprisingly symmetric actually for game effects, I think only traps would require special multiplayer coding (So that when the spell is cast, it doesn't show up on the other players screen).