PDA

View Full Version : Paladin need help....

Misery
11-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm playing paladin on Hard difficulty..and it has been more or less ok until recently I find out that gold is very hard to come by. I've played the previous game and have no trouble on the economy at all(play as mage). KBAP,however,put me on dilemma several times when I ran out of both troops and gold. I can't purchase any of those decent items either, since I needed the cash for recruitment. Now I'm stuck on the third island with nowhere to go because every mobs here is on "invincible/lethal" level and all I have are a bunch of pirates who got wiped out pretty easily.(and yes, I've already kited every possible spot for items and gold)

Another thing is that it seems, quite contrary to the first game, there's not much undead enemies early this time around..and paladin are said to be best at dealing with undeads...?

Also how do you acquire those bonus leadership medal as a paladin ? I've put my runes in order magic trees(which so far doesn't have much usefulness) and have absolutely no way to prevent the loss.. should I reroll a warrior or mage ?

Tibster
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Sneak like no tomorow , try no-losses, sneak , more sneak, stay away from heroe until u have resurection (spell) ,more sneak.

DGDobrev
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Well, you should play a normal game for starters, to get the hang of the new King's Bounty, see the new mechanics, etc. You should also be aware that KBAP gives less gold than KBTL on hard and impossible difficulties.

What I can propose is that you start a paladin on normal, make sure you do as many no-loss victories. If you can't get a no-loss victory, consider your army setup and battle tactics and try to improve both of those. Also, getting a lvl 3 resurrection skill will greatly help you with the gold, provided you can get that far.

If you are bent on rerolling, as a warrior, you will have a bit easier time. If you reroll a mage, you will have twice the problems you had with the paladin, even on normal. It is up to you :)

Tibster
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
When i first started the game , i sneaked Debir , Scarlet wind, Bola and Rusty Anchor before , after that i started fighting.

Misery
11-24-2009, 12:25 PM
So how do I get out of this no-cash dilemma ? (I have already looked in every place for possible gold, and already used them all up)

I know that if you lost the battle you'd get some extra cash from the king, should I do that on purpose for a few times ? Does it have any disadvantage apart from the end game statistics ?

Levesque
11-24-2009, 02:01 PM
You MUST level your treasure hunter skill for your pet dragon ASAP and you MUST dig every treasures in every fight. ;)

I'm on hard with my paladin, just got to Montero, and I have over 200K in cash, and I buy every set piece and costly gear I want. I dig 3 treasures every fights.

And level your resurrection skill ASAP. I never buy any units anymore. :)

Some tricks:
-use Royal Thorns and spam Plants like there is no tomorrow, and then bring those summons on the front row of fighting for decoys, even the archer plants.
-use Cyclops + Target spell to draw fire from Archer units.
-spam bless and heal in every fight like there is no tomorrow to get the medal to raise Inquisitor, Paladin and Priest damage ASAP.

Kathos
11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes, for a paladin that healing medal is a huge huge buff as you have very easy access to priests/inquisitors/paladins(a little less access than the other 2) and it makes them very strong. And while I'm on the topic of medals the exp one is also quite nice is pretty easy to get as long as you're using treasure searcher (along with training skill for 10% exp). It's a nice combination with the amulet you can get from the pirate on scarlet island (tell him looks dont matter, then tell him fighting the shark was a great feat and he gives you an amulet for 5% exp/gold gains). If you can get that early on, and bounty (I leave it at 1, more important skills early on) from the paladin skills fairly early it will also help with your money issues. Also as stated by Levesque and in many other threads, leveling treasure searcher to a minimum of 2 chests asap from the dragon is extremely important. You can't always get both digs off but you should really try to, save before each fight and experiment with different tactics that will allow the use of your treasure searcher while maintaining minimal to no losses. No losses can be very difficult at times and requires a LOT of patience (if playing on impossible at least), so it may not be the best choice for a first game.
KBAP on the higher difficulties can be quite difficult at times if you're not quite so familiar with the various methods of getting around some of the challenges it provides, if you can't possibly get any more money, either via selling excess scrolls (wanderer scrolls in my opinion on the first 3-4 islands are useless with the exception of a couple that should be kept, sell them as you will always find more), artifacts, and unit summoning items then maybe try to restart on normal to get a better feel for the game.

travelingoz
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
If you can go hard out in the training with your Warrior, you can get 1 level up for your pet dragon b4 you start. ;)

Kathos
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Don't forget to dismiss all units except paladins once you get them, easiest no-loss battles you will get (for the medal!). Those paladin's aren't going anywhere either, so make use of every single point of rage you get to power level that dragon as well.