PDA

View Full Version : Load Red Tide in Orginal Men of War

deafening
11-21-2009, 07:03 PM
I created a mod that would allow me to load all of Red Tide's content into the original Men of War. It is very easy to do.

This will allow you to open up the new maps in the editor and check out the new units!

To create the mod, follow steps:
1. Create a "mods" folder in the Men of War directory (e.g. c:\men of war\mods)
2. Create a folder inside the "mods" folder called "Red Tide mod".
3. Open notepad and paste the following:

{mod
{name "Red Tide mod"}
{desc "Red Tide's content"}
}

Save as "mod.info" in the newly created folder.

4. Copy the "resource" folder from the Red Tide's directory. Paste it into the "Red Tide mod" folder.
5. Copy the "localization.pak" and "MoWRTGDF.dll" files from the Red Tide's directory. Paste it into the "Red Tide mod" folder.
6. Launch Men of War. go to Options -> mods. Activate "Red Tide mod"

Now exit the game, launch the editor and enjoy!

Deafening

Korsakov829
11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't think the game developers will like this.

But thanks, I'll try it when I get time.

Ergonpandilus
11-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Well as long as you have paid for it, it has to be okay. But is Red Tide more updated than the original?

Korsakov829
11-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Well as long as you have paid for it, it has to be okay. But is Red Tide more updated than the original?

Yes, it has Romanians, lots of Russians, some new German stuff. Haven't beat all of it yet but I heard something about Italians I believe.
New tanks, guns, planes, and cool naval units.

Your right, we have paid for it. But if someone releases the content to people who haven't there is going to be a lot of debate and frustration. Keep it to yourself guys, don't release the mod to people who haven't paid.

Also, I assume there are going to be updates for Red Tide, so if you do make a mod you should update it too when a patch comes out.

robi120
11-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks!
I will try it now.

Red Tide is good.But the 2. misson is very hard.I need to get away and destroy the bridge and i destroy it but i m running trough fields but the're full of mines.My men die.Misson end.

Korsakov829
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks!
I will try it now.

Red Tide is good.But the 2. misson is very hard.I need to get away and destroy the bridge and i destroy it but i m running trough fields but the're full of mines.My men die.Misson end.

Just go to where you first started after your done with all your primary objectives. You should win the mission.

Manic_Mechanic
12-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Does this allow you to use units from Red Tide alongside units from vanilla Men of War?

I imagine a mod like this might only include the Red Tide units. What I've been wanting to do is make missions featuring the British forces from Mow going up against the Italian forces from Red Tide in the north african desert.

Any info on wether this mod only allows Red Tide units or not would be greatly appreciated.

Korsakov829
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
You can use Red Tide units with the original MoW.

Manic_Mechanic
12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info.

Now I feel really silly for spending weeks trying to make a mod which combined both resource folders in to one.

I also want to thank the original poster. You rock deafening!

Korsakov829
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
You're welcome.

But don't throw away your work yet, I got a idea.
Perhaps if you import MoW resource files into RT, you can make it so RT can use mods.

GoodSmurfin
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I did what your instructions said but when i go into the mods options on Men Of War the mod doesn't appear there. Help?

deafening
12-07-2009, 02:50 AM
I did what your instructions said but when i go into the mods options on Men Of War the mod doesn't appear there. Help?

The name in the mod.info file must be the same name as the folder.

Folder = Red Tide mod

{mod
{name "Red Tide mod"} << same name as folder.
{desc "Red Tide's content"} << This is just a description, can be whatever.
}

OR

Is your mod.info a text document? When you are in explorer, in detail view, does it say Text Document under file type? If so, you need to go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and rename the mod.info.txt to mod.info

Hope that helps!

Deafening

Hellhound_Uk
05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok, created the folder and mod file, moved the stuff i was supposed to move and i get the error message below when i try and load the mod :( Any ideas?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/HellhoundUk/grrrritsnotworking.jpg

<P.S> Tried it with a fully updated install 1.17.5 and the vanilla install both with same result.

Korsakov829
05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
When I first used the mod, I used Standard RT and 1.13 MoW. The new patch must have something to do with it.

ivanzu
08-19-2010, 01:19 PM
it dosent worrk to me i got some kind of exception error can anyone help me?

KageToraUK
09-25-2010, 06:22 AM
I created a mod that would allow me to load all of Red Tide's content into the original Men of War. It is very easy to do.

This will allow you to open up the new maps in the editor and check out the new units!

To create the mod, follow steps:
1. Create a "mods" folder in the Men of War directory (e.g. c:\men of war\mods)
2. Create a folder inside the "mods" folder called "Red Tide mod".
3. Open notepad and paste the following:

{mod
{name "Red Tide mod"}
{desc "Red Tide's content"}
}

Save as "mod.info" in the newly created folder.

4. Copy the "resource" folder from the Red Tide's directory. Paste it into the "Red Tide mod" folder.
5. Copy the "localization.pak" and "MoWRTGDF.dll" files from the Red Tide's directory. Paste it into the "Red Tide mod" folder.
6. Launch Men of War. go to Options -> mods. Activate "Red Tide mod"

Now exit the game, launch the editor and enjoy!

Deafening

No, actually, all this does is give you a Red Tide background and some Red Tide music when you are on Men Of War - no Red Tide missions are playable and CTDs abound. If the sole purpose of this 'mod' was to enable us to use the Red Tide units and maps in the GEM Editor, then there are two reasons why this is ... just not necessary:

1) There is a Red Tide mod already out, which gives us the Red Tide units in Men of War (not the maps, though). See the DMS forum for this.

2) If you want to use the Red Tide units (and maps) in the GEM editor for mission making or video making, you can just copy and paste the mow_editor.exe into your Red Tide's root folder, and you will have the Red Tide version of the GEM Editor. Just don't release missions made on Red Tide maps - for common sense reasons.

Cheers, anyway,

Kage