PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - Max intellect mage game! WARNING: contains some basic cheat codes!

DGDobrev
11-21-2009, 01:20 AM
WARNING!!! Since this is just for fun playthrough, it's intended for people who already beat the game PROPERLY at least once. This playthrough uses basic cheat codes to spawn the BASIC NON-UPGRADED items necessary for a max intellect playthrough, BUT with the restriction that you have to use a cheat code TO PAY for the item first.
END OF WARNING.

WARNING 2: DO NOT ASK FOR ITEM CHEAT CODE IN THIS THREAD. YOU WON'T BE GIVEN ONE.

WARNING 3: CHEATING IS RECORDED IN YOUR SAVE GAMES! SO IF YOU CHEAT YOU WILL BE DISCOVERED. I can provide clean save games of all my finished impossible games if necessary. This goes to show that I do not condone cheating at all and I never use it except for fun. The game is easy as it is in order for anyone to feel the need for cheating!

CONSCIENCE CALL: You can, of course, utilize some of the cheat codes found here for your own good and then boast in the high score thread. People will congratulate you, because they will not know you cheated - but in the end, never forget that the person you actually cheated is yourself because you neither had the nerves, nor the balls to finish a game as you should. And that is low and shows that you are a person of bad integrity.

IF YOU DECIDE TO KEEP READING, scroll down.

NOTE: this type of fun playthrough is made because the chances of all the items mentioned afterwards to spawn at once is less than minimal.

Well, I just had to share this :) Since I'm playing the game for quite a while, and I beat it up nicely with every class on impossible, I discovered I was getting bored. So... I needed a new fun challenge. Right now I'm lvl 31 in impossible and already managed to get most of the following items upgraded. So here's the fun challenge:

Forenote 1: you can restart the game unlimited amount of times to get other items you may consider useful (like gladiator's sword and banner of true faith).
Forenote 2: if you find a second ancient amulet in the game, you are not allowed to possess 2 of them (since in normal circumstances the game never spawns 2 of them), so you must either refrain from buying it or from spawning it. The same goes for the ring of intellect class 2, Usurer's ring, Snake ring, Pain skull. A second apprentice staff is acceptable, but you won't need one anyway.
1. You must start a mage. Select your own difficulty, I always do it on impossible.
2. You have the right to play anyway you wish - normally, stealing, kiting map guards, etc.
3. You must take Elenhel as a follower, as he boosts your intellect by 4 and has very useful item slots (most notably a second spot for a Novice Dress upgrade).
4. You have the right to spawn items BUT you must pay for them in advance - using the cheat codes. Here's what you need to do:

Shift + ~
- a small line opens. Type in:

money -(value) - (minus value) to pay for the item.
Then use this:
item item_name - to spawn the item you have paid for.

Where item_name is:

1. Dress of the Novice - 4 000 gold - code: novice_dress - you can spawn 2 of these, as it is normal to find 2 of these in your games.
2. Battle Mage Helm - 18 000 gold - code: battlemage_helm
3. Mystic Boots - 15 000 gold - code: mystic_boots
4. Pain Skull - 14 000 gold - code: pain_skull
5. Usurer's Ring - 9 999 gold - code: moneylender_ring
6. "Well of mana" belt - 21 000 gold - code: mage_belt
7. Snake Ring - 3 700 gold - code: snake_ring
8. Ring of Intellect level 2 - 19 000 gold - code: intellect_ring1
9. Scaly Shield - 28 000 gold - code: scaly_shield
10. Apprentice Staff - 5 000 gold - code: disciple_staff
11. Ancient Amulet - 50 000 gold - code: ancient_amulet
12. The spare regalia slot of Elenhel (or yours in the beginning) can be filled by:
- Officer's Baton - 8 000 gold - code: officer_baton
after that it should be filled by the AntiMage diploma you gain in Elona after you finish the exam.

5. You must upgrade the basic items yourself.
6. You must suppress the rebelling items yourself.
7. You must learn all + intellect skills.
8. It is up to you to decide how and when to spawn those items, but you must have the gold for them in advance.
9. Have fun with wicked damage geyser, ice snake, fireballs, armageddon, fire rain, etc.!!!

When you upgrade all of these items and learn all of the + intellect skills, your basic intellect will be 70 (or +500% spell damage). Shrines, etc. will improve it. So you can use this thread to share with everyone how far did you get.

Have fun and good luck!

EDIT: Fixed the intellect value. 70 is the top before shrine and other bonuses.

JGary321
11-28-2009, 03:46 AM
I will have to try this after my All Archer Warrior play through I'm starting as we speak. =)

DGDobrev
11-28-2009, 09:33 AM
It is very rewarding, I can assure you. I stopped my playthrough to finish up the impossible mage without losses (although I'm not certain I can do it, but we'll see), but I'll get back to it too. Death star with over 10k damage with that hero - no prob :P

Elwin
11-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Deathstar properly used its awesome :) few last fights in ultrax or reha againsat dragon was just very easy :P