PDA

View Full Version : How to build main character? + other questions

arcainic
11-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Is the int stat gimped, it takes like 3 points for 1 magic damage, and since magic is slow casting, is it worth it to pump magic damage items and int on telle and vincint?

I've been told that you should build the main character as a mage, but every int i put in vincint boost his total mana pool by 3 max. And it takes 3 to boost 1 magic damage, while only 1 point of str do give 2 points of physical damage.

What gives? should i only pump int on telle to boost her total mana pool?

What to do about the mana problem on vincint?

thanks!

Kaerius
11-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Personally I'm turning victor into mr. chainsaw + magic. I mix stats between str, agi and int. I put 5 into mechanics, and then keep maxing out retractable blades.

Then I put points into whatever spells look especially good, like fireball. But generally he spends his times on the frontlines tearing stuff up with his chainsaw.

arcainic
11-18-2009, 11:50 PM
why pump str? physical attack does nothing to chainsaw damage, well you need a bit to use higher level ones.

the only techno weapon that uses physical attack as mod is the stun gun.

Gniarf
11-18-2009, 11:50 PM
should i only pump int on telle to boost her total mana pool?Putting all points on int was what I did at the beginning, until I found staffs that also require percepetion, so now I do 4*int+2*per. Thinking again about I don't think you need more than per50 for lvl40 staffs (if any).

As for casting speed, the more points you put on a spell the LESS times it takes to cast (with 1/2 exceptions for which cast time stays constant), at spell level 20, Telle's casts her basic spell every 1s.

@Kaerius: I also turned my Victor into Leatherface, with a sniper as a sidearm (best critical so far:5803 dmg:rolleyes:). Putting points in mechanics can be worthwhile, as it boosts damage and firerate (well rotating speed in our case)

Finally, both of you should know that max level is 40 which correspond to 120 skill points, allowing you to max only 6 skills or spells at best.

EDIT:
why pump str? You need str to hold your chainsaw.

persoiranian
11-20-2009, 08:15 AM
guys,for me telle has even more value than victor,use her just to boost the company's health....but victor is vey useful also,upgrading both his magic and physical attacks,but most of the time he is fighting by weapons...

stubbie
12-26-2009, 11:44 PM
I've been told that you should build the main character as a mage,

How do you train Victor into a mage exactly? :confused:

I have only recently started playing the game and the only skill trees he has are Combat Skills and Technical Skills.

Do you get other skill trees later on?

thanks

persoiranian
12-27-2009, 02:29 AM
yes,later in the game you will get other skills,much more magical ability and victor will become a true mage,just play a few more hours...

stubbie
12-27-2009, 04:26 AM
Thank you.
I see what you mean after I spent a couple more hours playing ;)

The game manual should have mentioned that rather important fact.
Oh well. On with the show. :)

stubbie
01-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Another tip, that isn't in the manual, I just found by accident.

You can change the position of each member in your party by clicking on their face icon on the main screen and dragging the icon to the required position.

This comes especially in handy later on when you have more then just a couple of members in your party.
Keeps the tanks in front and the mages in the rear. :)

It would be nice if you could change the configuration from a simple triangle though.

DarkSol
01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I still have like 40 skill points to use in Victor, i made him a chainsaw, but i already upgraded retractal blades to 20, is there any other skill that affects the chainsaw damage?.

Gniarf
01-19-2010, 05:07 PM
is there any other skill that affects the chainsaw damage?. Poison I think.