PDA

View Full Version : Still cant play multiplayer

MGSchutze
11-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Been playing the game by itself for a couple of months now....and I recently tried installing the 1.11.13
First time I succesfully installed the patch, the new Men of War Multiplayer icon appeared and wouldnt launch saying the main executable was missing.
I uninstalled the game and the re-installed everything including the patch and
this pops up
Unable to locate component
"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Nokturnal
11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Sounds like a DirectX problem, but can you play SP? If it's just MP that won't work then i'm not sure what the issue is.

Anyway, the typical solutions for the missing file are:
-Restarting (computers are inconsistent..a restart can fix alot of problems :P)
-Re-installing the game - There is usually a DX install that takes place during the game install, which should of installed the missing file
-Try updating to the latest available DX (or try DX 9.0c, i believe that is the latest for 9?)

If that fails you could try just extracting d3dx9_38.dll individually from the DirectX 9 package and placing it in your system folder. But some people say you shouldn't just place missing .dll files into the system folder (for whatever reason) though it does tend to fix these missing .dll issues.

Korsakov829
11-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Download this:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_38

Its completely safe. Once you download the .dll you should have no problems.
I use this site whenever I am missing a .dll

MGSchutze
11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
thanks people, it really worked...suprisingly

now I got a new problem. I got my cd key blocked. where can i see for how long...
this is really stupid of them...you pay money to play a game and then they block you from playing it just for the sake of some 5 year old who shouldnt be playing it to begin with.

Korsakov829
11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
thanks people, it really worked...suprisingly

now I got a new problem. I got my cd key blocked. where can i see for how long...
this is really stupid of them...you pay money to play a game and then they block you from playing it just for the sake of some 5 year old who shouldnt be playing it to begin with.

Let me guess, little brother or sister?
Well hope you get unbanned. If you find what you were banned for check if its obscene language, then you will have something to go against the person who used your account.

Edit:

Well your banned to the 20th of November.
Yes, I was right. It was obscene language.

SS-MGSchutze (obscene language)

MGSchutze
11-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Let me guess, little brother or sister?
Well hope you get unbanned. If you find what you were banned for check if its obscene language, then you will have something to go against the person who used your account.

Edit:

Well your banned to the 20th of November.
Yes, I was right. It was obscene language.

SS-MGSchutze (obscene language)

thank you for your efforts
this is forgivable
this game has the weirdest features, if CoD banned people for language...hell, it would loose like 75% of its players

I also have Hidden and Dangerous 2, and SHOWW2...they dont work on vista, do you happen to know if patches exist to allow me to play these games on a vista?

thx again

[SOE]No.Mam
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
... and SHOWW2...they dont work on vista, do you happen to know if patches exist to allow me to play these games on a vista?

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=124

MGSchutze
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
ok so....now all the servers on multiplayer are dimmed out...and those that I CAN click on give me the out of sync message
wtf :mad:

Korsakov829
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
ok so....now all the servers on multiplayer are dimmed out...and those that I CAN click on give me the out of sync message
wtf :mad:

You may have a corrupt (or edited) file.
This can be caused by editing a MP map also.
I have the same problem.

You can try to figure out which file needs fixed, or you can try to reinstall. Reinstalling didn't work for me though.

MGSchutze
11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
You may have a corrupt (or edited) file.
This can be caused by editing a MP map also.
I have the same problem.

You can try to figure out which file needs fixed, or you can try to reinstall. Reinstalling didn't work for me though.

fixed in what way?

is red tide a 1 time download or does it have patches of its own?
this is why i love steam, it updates itself

thx