PDA

View Full Version : For Developers - Feedback - Bug and some other problems

Noooooooooo!!!
11-16-2009, 11:31 PM
I really hope some Dev can read this post and solve the problem.

Bug:
-Character get often struck (embedded, if you like more...) into ground, tree and box. This force to reload and is a major annoyance.
The problem prevent you to finish the game, so please solve it as fast as you can.

-Experiences and money slot space is too small, some time game show unrelated number.

-Enemy often get motionless, don't react and cannot be killed. If appen when you need to kill someone to end a task, you never end the task at all.

-Some dialog text cannot be seen from the start, they only appear from the alf-part into the dialog box and the scroll function don't work.

Annoyances:
-There is a big "general" map, but you cannot fast-travel simply clicking some place, this is not a problem at the beginning of the game, but become a nuisances after some time.

-High ground and building block the view, preventing the player for click/select character and get object. Also tree got in the middle, making the view scene caotic and unclear.
An option for "clear view" will be really appreciated.

-Load time is too big, not to mention save time.

-Some time character during battle become less responsive, like the healer or the caster. The more the enemy, the less responsive the character become.

Balance:
-Spell are unbalanced: fire spell do a LOT of damage, Nova has a devastanting effect but some other (much costly) spell do nothing at all.

-Archery is weak... you can make a rifle user: take less time to become strong and is far more powerfull on long term leveling.

-Bullet/arrow cost too much and grenade cost too low if you compare with damage dealt.

Improvments:
-Some "skill bar" will be usefull: selecting a character every time you want to use an active skill is annoyng, a general skill bar can give space to put most used skill.

-A secondary attack used by default when the primary attack is reloading can be a really good improvement! For example: an healer can heal and resurrect, a warrior can use is special attack and standard attack, a mage can use defensive and offesive spell and so on...

Last note:
My character got struck and i cannot complete the game! :evil:
The only way is to restart, but... hours of gameplay wasted with no avail... this is really driving me mad...

Thanks for listening to my whining :cool:

Gniarf
11-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Bug:
-Equipping manipulator amulets and talking to a clan member cause the game to crash.

-Coming near the final boss causes the game to crash (confirmed)
-->cause=some error in the english d073_loc25.dmb.

Details:
-No tracking camera (camera following a character)

-Rotating the camera with the mouse still moves the cursor which ends up at the border of the screen, and pans the camera.

-Sometimes dialogs are broken, you see a line totally out of place, for example you have a choice with twice the same cue, but one of the answer doesn't match the cue.

@Noooooooooo!!!:
1-The game is autosaved each time you change maps, so you shouldn't have to restart from the very beginning.
2-Did you take the "hours of power" and "anti hours" in account for your balance remark on spells (idk, I'm no mage)?

Noooooooooo!!!
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
@Noooooooooo!!!:
1-The game is autosaved each time you change maps, so you shouldn't have to restart from the very beginning.
Yes, but you waste hours of play solving quest again, walking from one side to another of the map and killing all the enemy.
Not to talk about items: you lost the loot and this is bad, really.

2-Did you take the "hours of power" and "anti hours" in account for your balance remark on spells (idk, I'm no mage)?
Yes, i take.
Fact is: a spell like fireball maxed out will kill every enemy at fast rate, but a spell like "waterspear" (or something like that) will do much less damage, take much less target at once and cost a little more...

As a matter of fact, you will end up to create a fire mage (Victor) two healer (Loy and Tel) and two sniper (the dwarf and the outskirter).
The other character will be a battle tank.
This is the more powerfull yet effective combination and other solution cannot stand it.

Noooooooooo!!!
11-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Bug:

-Coming near the final boss causes the game to crash (confirmation pending)
-->cause=some error in the english d073_loc25.dmb.

Confirmed, i got to the castle and the game crash when you come near the final boss.
A major bug, prevent you to finish the game.

Really hope the Dev look at this, and really disappointed to 1C... they sell games not working at all, customer cannot be happy for this.

Gniarf
11-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks for confirming, until they/someone release a patch, there is a workaround: deleting media1.pk. It turns the game into full russian, but at least it doesn't crash, so you can watch the splendid outro.

Nike-it
11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Guys, please post the savegames with the bugs, it will be much easier to fix them. (Use attachments)

Noooooooooo!!!
11-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Guys, please post the savegames with the bugs, it will be much easier to fix them. (Use attachments)

Sorry man, after finding out i cannot complete the game, must admit i was a little upset and deleted it :) but... i didn't intend to be harsh to 1C or Dev, simply didn't hope for a fix in short time, so cleaned space for other thing.

Anyway, if you find a fix i will reinstall and finish it, just as planned ;)

persoiranian
11-20-2009, 07:49 AM
so please attach your savegames guys....(ok, the problem is solved now thanks to Gniarf)

arcainic
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
one way i fixed a problem with telle freezing, is for her to cast her healing spell, then she can move again

Jadefalcon
11-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Sometimes if you drop items for another character the items just disappear. They float out of the visible part of the map and are gone.

persoiranian
11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
what i really like to have, is fast travel ability. it could be a great improvement.

DjGlamDude
12-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi,first of all,love this game,I am on my second playing of it now.

Not to mention the bug with the characters getting stuck in trees,some of them also just stop on the bridge,while others cross.

For instance,if you select all,and tell them to cross the bridge,more times than not,will one if not 2 will just stand at the beginning of the bridge and you will have to manually force them across.

persoiranian
12-16-2009, 05:24 AM
yeah i have experienced that also but it's not a big bug.maybe annoying one...
when you have a massive conflict it's very annoying..most of the company are in the fighting zone while 2 of your partisans are stucked.....

stubbie
12-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Bug:
Music volume randomly changes from my 50% setting to very loud.

Suggestion:
There needs to be an indication if you put potions in the hotbar of how many you have left.
Mini map needs a North indicator.

Pointman
03-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks for confirming, until they/someone release a patch, there is a workaround: deleting media1.pk. It turns the game into full russian, but at least it doesn't crash, so you can watch the splendid outro.

I am a little shocked that they would put the game on sale on D2D with a bug this serious still in the game. Anyone who buys it is going to be a little upset at 1C for not having the patch. This is a free bump to help people who find the forum.

Ok...after renaming the file and trying again I have to say that it was anti-climatic. Makes no sense when you can't read it.

persoiranian
03-06-2010, 03:50 AM
why dont you download this fix: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=120849&postcount=14