PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7: Game won't shut down properly

Metathron
11-15-2009, 03:52 PM
When I click the Exit button in the game, I am not returned to my desktop, I only get a black screen, and can't do anything at all, no alt-tab, no ctrl-alt-del. It's annoying as heck not to mention bad for the computer to have to use the reset button so often, any solutions?

EDIT: Setting the compatibility mode to WinXP SP2 and running the game as administrator doesn't help either.

EDIT 2: I thought I could shut the game down by alt-tabbing back to windows and shutting it down from there, but alt-tab doesn't work at all. So the game is esentially unplayable to me, unless I'm prepared to keep damaging my computer with violent shutdowns.

Elwin
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
KB:TL doesnt need compatibilty with XP or running as admin to work properly on win7

Metathron
11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, it certainly needs something to run properly on Win7 64 bit. :rolleyes:

I have since installed the 32 bit version and the game works fine now (can quit and all) aside from some occasional visual glitches.

MakubeX
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Bringing this topic back to see if there's a solution because I'm having the same issue. When I exit the game or try to alt+tab from it all I get is a black screen and my PC completely freezes so that I need to force restart it.

This is with King's Bounty: The Legend. I still haven't tried Armored Princess.

My specs:
CPU: Intel i7-860
RAM: 4GB DDR3
VGA: ATI 5870 with 10.9 Drivers

I got my copy at Direct2Drive (got the King's Bounty Platinum package) and have the 1.7 patch installed.

I tried XP and Vista compatibility mode, both running as administrator and nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS. The only solution I've been able to come up for this is to launch the game in windowed mode. If anyone knows how to actually fix the problem, please let me know.

Metathron
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
It was a hassle, but I installed the 32 bit version, and not just because of KB, some other programs weren't working either. The 64 bit version just wasn't worth it, when the time comes when most apps are written for 64, or games start requiring more than 4gb of ram, I'll reconsider, but no sooner than that.