PDA

View Full Version : Hiding bodies

Flegga
11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I have beaten the russian and german campaigns but cannot beat "Arsenal" of the allied campaign, when i kill someone a dialogue appears saying. 'We should hide the body well so noone sees it" but i cant seem to find any way of getting rid of it other than shooting it until it explodes ;) But that would just alert more guards.

razputin
11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Pick them up (gears > hand icon), walk somewhere and then dump them (gears > drop icon) out of sight behind a wall or in the bushes.

Nokturnal
11-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Yes razputin is correct, you can also drag the hand icon (with right-click) to the line of buttons above the UI for easier access.

Also make sure you have the space in your inventory for a body though, you may have to re-arrange your equipment so you can fit the body in the inventory.
From memory, they are 2sq. high and 4(or 5?) wide, basically takes up a big chunk of your inventory, so don't try picking up bodies with a fully kitted out soldier or you'll have to drop items.

Korsakov829
11-12-2009, 02:22 AM
I always had trouble with this mission. I didn't really like it, so I just ran up to the Germans, threw a grenade, ran till they gave up the chase, come back, and throw more grenades. I think, I won it that way.

nilloc93
11-15-2009, 07:23 AM
yeah the whole stealth aspect kind of sucks with a lot of the missions so i just blow everything up. is to cross the river north of the bridge and ambush the first german patroll that comes then go back across the river AFTER a short firefight, the germans will chase you across the river and over the bridge where you can kill off a large ammount, then generally assaulting the rest of the village is easy

Nokturnal
11-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I think the stealth is done really well, sure it might be annoying to have to slow down your pace, but if you take the time and actually plan it out they can all be done without the enemy knowing, which is the aim of the missions. That's the great thing about it, punishingly hard but always possible to achieve with a bit of patience.

It reminds me of Commandos, an old stealth type game, so hard to accomplish even the first few levels, but it had a real rewarding feeling when you actually finish the mission without being detected.

razputin
11-15-2009, 01:28 PM
It reminds me of Commandos, an old stealth type game, so hard to accomplish even the first few levels, but it had a real rewarding feeling when you actually finish the mission without being detected.
Exactly! Commandos, SHOWW2, and MoW are definitely the best WW2 RTS games.

Korsakov829
11-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I think Red Tide stealth missions are way better. It seems to me the map makers took more time with the Red Tide missions then Men of War.