PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying

ayrforce
11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Im thinking of buying MOW having just finished COH,my question is if I buy the retail boxed version do I have to be connected to the internet to play or activate it,or subsrcribe to some steam account? ,secondly would I be better waiting for a gold edtion with RED TIDE inc. or will that expansion be only by steam or whatever ,the reason I ask is because like a lot of people I like to play my games on dedicated games pc which I dont connect to the net etc to keep running as "lean" as possible.

razputin
11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't think there will ever be a retail (boxed) edition with both MoW and Red Tide, since Red Tide is supposed to be download version only, so the only way to buy both at once would be through Steam or Gamersgate. Obviously the best value is the Gold edition at $34.95, but it does require online access and activation.

And I am just like you, I prefer having my gamer PC offline to avoid installing so many service packs/patches, and an anti-virus program, but with the new multi-core CPUs, the loss in CPU cycles (processing power) is negligible, and some of the future games like C&C4 will require constant online access, we will need to give up and join the masses. :grin: