PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to make a strategy

Gileadt
11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Hello from Spain :-)

I've the whole saga (FoW, MoW and MoW RT), I've to say the 3 games have worth what I've paid for.

I bought MoW RT via Steam and Im very disappointed with this expansion; Im attempting to flank the artillery in stealth (is the second mission) with 3 groups. I make sure they cannot shoot automatically changing firing mode and what's my surprise? I mark my three groups with Shift 1, Shift 2 and Shift 3, then 1, 2, 3 to manage faster. When I've them ready to assault when I change for example, from group 1 to 2 they go forward (like those japanese in 1945 lol) and they stand in front enemy doing anything (lol) so, they do not attack, that's true, but why they run to enemy making visible my position? I've never seen this problem in FoW or MoW. Im desperating cause they doesn't wait for my signal and I cannot make a serious strategy.

Im the only one with this problem?

Thanks to all and excuse my english :-)

EDIT: Haven't seen till now the "Movement Mode".

Divebomb
11-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't understand this completely? did you give attack command? what firing mode did you set to? what did you do on the assault? did you click to attack or just to move the units? one click move or double click?

Nokturnal
11-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm not really sure what the complaint is either.

But a good tip when trying to move your men into closer proximity is (after setting them to hold fire and movement) move them from cover to cover, which will be shown when you select the unit and hover your mouse over a possible piece of cover, whether it's a bush, sandbags, a wall etc.. It's very easy to utilise stealth and launch surprise attacks with a bit of patience and timing.

I haven't played Red Tide yet, but i highly doubt they have changed the fundamentals.

Judging by the EDIT it seems the answer has been discovered.
My question is, how did you play MoW (or even FoW) without knowing such a basic command? :P

Gileadt
11-03-2009, 01:04 AM
The problem was "Movement mode" button.

Movement Mode-> Your squad will move at their will.

In FoW or MoW has the same function? Cause I don't remeber this situation :-(

Thanks for your replies :-D

Nokturnal
11-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Well i know MoW had the same function, i can't remember FoW but the interface was basically cut/pasted for MoW so i would assume it had it too. :P

I would suggest having a quick look at the keyboard commands too, with a better understanding of the shortcuts you can play the game with ease.
For example, if i wanted to adjust the movement mode or firing mode all i need to do is hit the [ or ] keys and each cycles through the various options available (on/off or return fire). This way you can initiate an ambush with multiple squads in a matter of seconds instead of having to select the squads and click the corresponding button.
If i want to throw a grenade i hit F1, for an AT grenade, F2, smoke F3, and so on..Or you could just switch the keys around to better suit your needs.

But anyway, this is sorted now so...Enjoy the game. :)

Divebomb
11-03-2009, 06:10 AM
oh ok. I understand.

Hutzmann
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I have had some problems with movements too. I dont know what happened with this expansion.... :confused: