PDA

View Full Version : Enemy On/Off visible

OugaBooga
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
My problem is that when the enemy or comrades are in front of me the disappear but if i move to either side they re-appear.I have tried to lower & dissable multiple features with NO avail.
This really wierd cause if i move AWAY from them i some times see them or i move towards them i see them.
BASICALLY i can NOT see WHO i am fighting & i can NOT even get out of the beginning stage where i get out of the bunker to fight multiple germans>>I CAN NOT see them unless they're left or right of me & that isn't always the case.ANY enemy directly centered is INVZISIBLE but i can see the shadow some times but not always.

I have to say that after "dumping" PKR for this game it isn't making me feel like i have picked a better choice so far.
Game looks AWESOME but NOT seeing the enemies is really ruining my experience.

I HAVE this problem in both patch 1.1 & 1.2......i have never played it without these patches.

My system specs are:

evga 780i ftw
q6600 (NOT OC'd)
ocz plat xtc pc2-8000
2x xfx gtx285
win 7 build 7100
....................ALL drivers are nVidia's latest as of Oct/09

THX for ur help in advance:)

OugaBooga
11-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Honestly NO1 has this problem?
I do NOT have some sort of "ODD" sys config.
It's basically 2 gtx's & a 780i board running win 7 64bit.
There is nothing ODD or Special in my configuration.
WHY am I having this problem seeing an enemy in direct sight & NOT seeing them.
IS this a problem of running 1920/1200 -16/10?
yea I CAN REMOVE A CARD & OR DISSABLE physics but this still doesn't solve the issue.
HONESTLY if i have to remove 1 of my vid cards to play this game it doesn't make sense to keep the game.
NO excuse for a modern game not using sli/xfire.
I hope some1 with experience tells me what i need to do PLEASE.
BTW>>czest do moich bracie !! ,I have family that lives in podkarpacie area.
mnie potrzebna pomoc w tej grze prosze !!! Love from Canada !!

Nokturnal
11-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Well firstly, have you bothered to try without patching? You didn't seem to test it pre-patch and as far as i can remember i never patched Necrovision personally and didn't notice any game ending bugs, so is the patching even necessary?

A quick google search has led me to believe that this game may not actually support multi-GPU. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but this does seem quite common with games that aren't as well known to the general public, certain features such as multi-gpu support or multiple monitors may not be supported, but there is usually a fix or two out there.

Reading one forum, people suggested that you may need a "sli patch" to allow the game to function properly.
The forum - http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129324&page=2

The link they gave - http://www.evga.com/articles/00463/

Infact, had you looked on our very own forums here, you would of noticed the exact same questions being asked and the same answers being given.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6186

However i feel i must point out that your comment "if i have to remove 1 of my vid cards to play this game it doesn't make sense to keep the game" is a bit extreme and quite inaccurate.
Unless you are one of those elitist types who simply must play with a huge # of FPS you can run the game perfectly fine with just one card.
I've only got the one and the game runs as smooth as a greased up rat on ice...I think you should just try disabling one of your cards and enjoy the game for what it is, which, is much better than Painkiller (or the poorly made expansions) ever could be...PK was dull and repetitive even after the first level.

OugaBooga
11-02-2009, 05:56 AM
THX Nokturnal,
NO i am NOT an elitist BUT i do like to have whatever i can @ my disposal.
I have tried many settings & can not get it to display properly.
I have done the SLI patch/updates & it does nothing to remedy the problem.
Yes, from what i have been led to understand is that Nvidia does not support multi GPU for this game.
I have used EVGA sli patch & the nvidia v3 sli but STILL have the same problem.
If i can not get this solved in the next few days i will return the game & grab borderlands.

Nokturnal
11-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Well i can understand wanting to use what you've paid for, when it will have an effect.
But i can't figure out why you would want to play it with multi-gpu seeing as it runs maxed out on just one card? There will not be any noticeable difference.
Take into account all the hassle you are going through to get it working on sli, wouldn't you agree it makes more sense to just ditch one card for a while and give it a go before you ignore the game completely?...

I mean it just seems a bit strange to be complaining about something that can very easily be fixed (well i assume it will work with just the one card as it does on mine) and your reason for not doing that is, essentially, for a non existant boost to graphics.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, it might actually be build 7100 that is causing you trouble:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=135250
http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/9706-no-sli-7100-a.html

People say it didn't support it (back in July) but they now say the evga patch i linked you to earlier, was released, and that sorted most the issues people were having.

Sorry but i don't think i can be of anymore use. I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate, and the game ran flawlessly with just 1xgtx285, so i would like to suggest again that you just remove one card and enjoy the game (hopefully that will fix it...).

Best of luck.

OugaBooga
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
ok, thx for the info & i WILL remove 1 card to see if that helps.
I don't see why win 7 build 7100 wouild be a prob.I will see tonight how it goes without the 2nd card.
You are right about 1 thing & that is that some games actually run worse when using sli but it's not often.

Nokturnal
11-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Well hopefully that works, i can't see any reason why build 7100 wouldn't work either, from what i've read the previous builds (7077 for example) did support sli. But we are talking about Microsoft here, they aren't meant to make sense :P.

As for some games running worse with sli, there have also been some complaints (in these forums) about Crysotasis not supporting multi-cpu (or was it gpu?) and it appeared the game actually ran better on a weaker machine.

I guess it might be more common with games coming from the smaller teams of developers because they wouldn't have the ability to test on the various machines or to know what their engine is capable of running (and what won't run it..).

It is annoying to those who have recently beefed up their computer, but the upside is the games can be played by those who have computers that are a couple of years old too.

OugaBooga
11-03-2009, 08:47 PM
THX again, i removed the 2nd card & uninstalled game then reinstalled with patch 1.2 ONLY & it works GREAT !!!
So far this game ROCKS !!!
@ 1st i didn't like the melee thing & kicking but i am getting used to it slowly.
Can't wait for the next game they release.

Nokturnal
11-03-2009, 11:56 PM
That's great news, pity about the lack of sli support but atleast you can enjoy the game now.
Picked a great time to get into the game too, not too long until the next is released. ;) (Q1 2010)

Yeah the melee attacks took a bit of getting used to, but after a while it just becomes habit. Then you'll fire up another FPS and be wishing you could run around stabbing/kicking your enemies. :P

OugaBooga
11-04-2009, 07:02 AM
That's great news, pity about the lack of sli support but atleast you can enjoy the game now.
Picked a great time to get into the game too, not too long until the next is released. ;) (Q1 2010)

Yeah the melee attacks took a bit of getting used to, but after a while it just becomes habit. Then you'll fire up another FPS and be wishing you could run around stabbing/kicking your enemies. :P

Yea, i hope the NvN LC has SLI support & i wonder how it will compare to NvN.
Sofar that i've played all i can say is AWESOME,it is a lot of fun to play & it makes me wanna find all the secrets & stuff.PKR could have learned from this game & added a few "similar" idea's but so far no such luck.
I wish i had grabed this earlier when it was 1st released.