PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight

BB Shockwave
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I already said Nov 11 so I'll stick with that for now. Mandea, I'm currently playing Torchlight too but I am struggling to play it for more than 30 mins at a time. Yeah, it's a casual game, but it's just too braindead for me. There's absolutely no thinking or strategy at all. The art direction is similar to KB through.

Hehe, me too. I take a break from playing AP with Torchlight. The game is almost exactly like Diablo I. (even the music!) but my problem is that it is too easy. Boss battles are over in 10 seconds... Monsters die before I can even move my cursor over them to check their names... And that's on Normal. I wonder just how ridiculously easy the Easy mode is.

Metroplex
10-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Hehe, me too. I take a break from playing AP with Torchlight. The game is almost exactly like Diablo I. (even the music!) but my problem is that it is too easy. Boss battles are over in 10 seconds... Monsters die before I can even move my cursor over them to check their names... And that's on Normal. I wonder just how ridiculously easy the Easy mode is.

Does anyone know where I can buy a boxed version of Torchlight?:confused:

Zhuangzi
10-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a boxed version of Torchlight?:confused:

They aren't selling it boxed at the moment. It is d/l only until they sell enough copies to warrant it. ;)

Metroplex
10-31-2009, 08:37 PM
This game looks really good, I look forward to playing it.
http://www.torchlightgame.com/
No need to wait for Diablo 3 anymore.:-P

Zhuangzi
10-31-2009, 11:57 PM
It's good, if you like mindless clicking, a complete lack of challenge on Hard mode (try Very Hard), linear dungeons with few sidequests, and pretty colours. The game looks great, improving your character is always fun (like in KB) but you couldn't get a less strategic game than Torchlight. I find it quite boring. :(

johnpaladin
11-01-2009, 02:15 AM
It's good, if you like mindless clicking, a complete lack of challenge on Hard mode (try Very Hard), linear dungeons with few sidequests, and pretty colours. The game looks great, improving your character is always fun (like in KB) but you couldn't get a less strategic game than Torchlight. I find it quite boring. :(

Yeah, I bought Torchlight and play it for about three days.Now I have a 30 lv mage. At begining I think it is a good game, but now I have no power to make me go further. There are repetive dungeons and quests. :(

Metroplex
11-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Since you don't like the game, can you give it to me as a gift? You can post it to my address if you want.:)

Zhuangzi
11-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Since you don't like the game, can you give it to me as a gift? You can post it to my address if you want.:)

What part of download only don't you understand? :confused:

dapre
11-01-2009, 10:47 AM
What part of download only don't you understand? :confused:Maybe the part that says that you can give away download only games, by giving them the serialkey ? It works on alle the downloaded games I have bought (and given/sold away afterwards).

Seems to me that you own Metroplex a game ;)

jake21
11-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I played it; already 'beat' it. It was a rip off of fate (not really rip off since the same person wrote both games). I think titan quest was a 'better' game but at the end of they day I can't really recommend it. The games I'm really waiting for are dragon age; king bounty ap and perhaps mass effect 2 or bioshock 2.

If you want a torch like game I recommend titan quest gold (titan quest with expansion) which can frequently be found for $10 these days. It is a longer game with more character development options.
--
Hopefully there will be a nice sale on dragon age come black friday :)

Metroplex
11-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Maybe the part that says that you can give away download only games, by giving them the serialkey ? It works on alle the downloaded games I have bought (and given/sold away afterwards).

Seems to me that you own Metroplex a game ;)

That's right, he can burn a backup of the game and send it to me or email me the key... :grin:

Mandea
11-02-2009, 07:10 AM
a very nice game but way too imbalanced. enchanting and certain skills are too powerful.

BB Shockwave
11-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I played it; already 'beat' it. It was a rip off of fate (not really rip off since the same person wrote both games). I think titan quest was a 'better' game but at the end of they day I can't really recommend it. The games I'm really waiting for are dragon age; king bounty ap and perhaps mass effect 2 or bioshock 2.

If you want a torch like game I recommend titan quest gold (titan quest with expansion) which can frequently be found for $10 these days. It is a longer game with more character development options.
--
Hopefully there will be a nice sale on dragon age come black friday :)

Yep, TQ is the best Diablo clone around - and will be until Diablo III rolls out, though we may die of old age before that happens... :-P

I have played it countless times, and the official tools give that allow you to easily mod it makes the game that more replayable. Plus, if you are a greek/roman/egyptian/chinese mythology nut, you will love this game...

jake21
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Btw the developers of TQ are developing a new game called Grim Dawn. No clue if it will be any good.

Yep, TQ is the best Diablo clone around - and will be until Diablo III rolls out, though we may die of old age before that happens... :-P

I have played it countless times, and the official tools give that allow you to easily mod it makes the game that more replayable. Plus, if you are a greek/roman/egyptian/chinese mythology nut, you will love this game...

BB Shockwave
10-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Little late reply, but yeah... :) I already pre-paid the 50$ purchase for Grim Dawn back even before the Kickstarter began. I am stoked for it. This year's Diablo clones have been disappointing (Torchlight II can be played once, but has abysmal skill system, and the less said about RAW the better)

NJport
01-21-2016, 08:30 AM
You know, even in 2016 Torchlight 2 is fun to play. Maybe even funnier that Diablo 3.