PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal Game Crash

Ironluca
10-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Hello everybody, I have a peculiar problem while playing 7.62, there are abnormal & persistent crashes of the game while entering cities after accepting missions. The missions are side missions and I have to go back to some saved games to set the matter right. I have 40-50 saved games, I don't know whether that is causing the problem. The crash occurs arbitrarily & persistently during entering a particular city which has no link with the side mission. Can anyone help me resolve the matter.

R@S
10-31-2009, 01:12 PM
What cities can't you enter and what mission is causing the problem? I need some more info on the crash if I'm to get any idea from where the issue originates. Check the log folder in your game dir and see if there are any ERROR or FATAL entries in it.

Also, what alterations have you done to the game(patches or mods)?

There has been reports of weird CTD's when dealing with the random missions, but they're usually tied to the "Get back stolen cargo" mission from one of the traders. It only happens to some, I have never encountered it myself. I have had some weird CTD's when entering the player base map. The solution for that is to load an older save where you can enter it without problems.