PDA

View Full Version : finish my map?

snippidippi
10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
i have done a map and i want to make objektivs to it

"eliminate all enemys"
"take the victory flag and get to waypoint"

so im woundering if someone can fix that to me? and how to get it into bonus map so i can play it in singleplayer.

Manic_Mechanic
10-30-2009, 11:38 PM
To add Objectives to your map you need to be in the "F3" mission editor mode. Press F9 to open the mission properties window. From here you select "tasks".

Once you've done so the mission task window will open. Right click in this window and choose "add" from the menu that pops up. A prompt will open where you can type in the name of your objective, then click ok.

Tasks don't do much by themselves, they pretty much rely on triggers to work.

If you need help working on the triggers for your objectives, I'll be happy to give you some tips.

snippidippi
10-31-2009, 02:35 PM
dont know anything about triggers, have tryed wathcing tutorials on youtube but i dont get it all.

so how do i trigger "eliminate all enemys?" and waypoint for the victory flag?

Manic_Mechanic
10-31-2009, 03:19 PM
I can help you with the first one right now. I'll have to take a look and get back to you about the flag capturing thing.

To create a new trigger you press "6" while in the mission editor or click the six icon down in the little row of icons along side the editor interface on the right side of the screen. Right click in the little dark grey box under the button you use to save missions and choose add. Name your trigger, then click ok.

Now the lower portion of the editor interface will have two new boxes underneath the name of your trigger. The top one is labled conditions, the bottom one is labled commands. Right click in the conditions box and choose "entities". It's the second option from the top. This will make a little entry in the conditons box title "1. Entities". Double click on that.

This will open a window called [Properties for "entities"]. The seventh line down on this window is an option called "players". Click on this and select the player you have assigned the enemies which must be killed to. Beneath the "player" option is an option called "type". Click on this and choose "human". This will also apply to any crewmen inside enemy vehicles. Underneath "type" is an option called "state". Click on this and choose "not dead". Next is count which starts out showing the ">" sign. You need to change this to "=". The option "value" should already start out with "0".

This means when ever there are 0 people on the enemy side who are not dead, the condition will be met. Of course if nobody's not dead then that means everybody is dead, which is what you're looking for.

This post is getting a bit long. Let me start a new post to cover the command now that the condition is ready.

Manic_Mechanic
10-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Ok, if you haven't done so, click on the "ok" button for the properties of "entities" window.

Now right click in the commands box and choose "add". The "select command" window will open. Click on "scene" which is acctually a folder of commands. Once the "scene" folder is open choose "task" which is all the way down second to the bottom of the list. You'll need to scroll down to find it. Once you click on it you should get a window titled properties for "task" with only two options, "Name" and "state". From the dropdown menu for name choose the task you created in the missions properties window (the "F9" thingy I talked about in my first post). Now set "state" to "complete" and click "ok" to close properties for "task".

Now you have a trigger which will cause the task to be completed when all the enemy soldiers are dead. Let me know if you need clarification on any of that. I know it's a bit complicated.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I need to know what flag you're talking about capturing so I can help you with that second objective.

snippidippi
10-31-2009, 04:06 PM
its in the inventory list called "victory flag" its the russian flag that 1 enemy has waving with.

i want that flag taken and draged to a waypoint for completing the mission.

Manic_Mechanic
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Ok, what you need to do is put a tag on the flag. Now, in the mission editor, press "5" or click the icon for zones. It's right above the icon for the triggers. Choose either "New Circle" or "New Poly", name your zone and then move it to where you want the player to take the flag on the map. If it's too big or too small you can change the size of the zone. For a circle you just enter a new radius, for a poly you can drag the corners to shape or resize it.

Now that the flag is tagged and the zone is set up at the waypoint, you need to create a trigger. Choose "entities" as your condition. You only need to change two options this time. First change "tag" to the name of the tag on your flag. Then change "zone" to the name of the zone you placed on the drop off point.

Because "count" starts out as ">" and "value" starts as "0", you don't need to change them. As soon as the flag is brought to the waypoint, there will be more than 0 entities with it's tag in the zone and the condition will be met.