PDA

View Full Version : "Evlin" spell - how does it work?

BB Shockwave
10-22-2009, 12:17 PM
There is a new chaos magic spell (I have not found it yet, just seen it in the manual) that conjures an "Evlin" (dark evil matter looking like a cloud). According to the description, the Evlin flows inside a neighbouring unit and (Like Reaper's Sould drain) kills 20-30-40% of the unit. It also says something about healing undead...

My question is, how far can the evlins move - just one cell? - do they attack your troops as well, and do they resurrect undead (even enemy undead?)

Dargor
10-23-2009, 03:47 PM
As I remember for more than one cell but usually it moves in the next turn. It attacks any troop - yours too, and living ones will be killed and undead will be resurrected. Second level of the spell is enough for comfortable and effective use. This spell is MUST HAVE if playing with undeads.
It's important - any units moved by itself to the cell with evlin loses all his action points so you have to use spells ore other units' abilities. Mage has great chance to create evlin and TELEPORT a unit on it during one turn.
It's important too - evlin can be created only on remains of killed stack and some kinds of units don't leave them. For example you can't create evlin after killing ghosts and droids.

BB Shockwave
10-30-2009, 08:45 AM
As I remember for more than one cell but usually it moves in the next turn. It attacks any troop - yours too, and living ones will be killed and undead will be resurrected. Second level of the spell is enough for comfortable and effective use. This spell is MUST HAVE if playing with undeads.
It's important - any units moved by itself to the cell with evlin loses all his action points so you have to use spells ore other units' abilities. Mage has great chance to create evlin and TELEPORT a unit on it during one turn.
It's important too - evlin can be created only on remains of killed stack and some kinds of units don't leave them. For example you can't create evlin after killing ghosts and droids.

Hmm, that spell seems to have a lot of uses. I would still have preferred if undead could be resurrected with a specific spell, like normal units have Resurrection.

About Teleport, though... you can now teleport enemy units too with that spell? Though moving them to the Evlin with a Dragon kick would be a possibility too.

Infiltrator
10-30-2009, 09:19 AM
So this is like the poison rain from the rage box? Only more powerful, but at the cost of a living body?

Sounds like it will be abuse-time again.

BB Shockwave
10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
So this is like the poison rain from the rage box? Only more powerful, but at the cost of a living body?

Sounds like it will be abuse-time again.

It's totally different... it kills once only, no? After it enters a body it disappears.

I think the Poison rain replacement is the Lightning Ball dragon skill, although it is a little bit like the Gizmo too.

Infiltrator
10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry then, I had the impression that it hit continually. I haven't played the russian version.

Dargor
10-30-2009, 07:27 PM
It hits once like TRAP without post-effects. You can't teleport enemeis but your own troops.

BB Shockwave
11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
It hits once like TRAP without post-effects. You can't teleport enemeis but your own troops.

I found that the AI cannot resist the bait if you move one of your troops next to an Evlin so that it is in the shortest path an enemy can take to hit you in melee, they will charge at you right into the Evlin... :)

One major disadvantage of the spell is that the Evlin will only move in the next round after it has been summoned, and has an initiative of 1, so it is best placed next to shooters.

Direwolf
11-20-2009, 10:02 PM
hi All,

Maybe you can help me since i'm having some trouble with this spell.

Basically i have it to lvl 2 (I'm lvl 6) but when i go into a battle i consistently get a message that there "is no target" for the spell.

For this spell to work am i required to have undead in my army?

thx for the insight,

DW

Tibster
11-20-2009, 11:17 PM
U need a dead corplse leftover from a unit , non mechanical.