PDA

View Full Version : About Rig'n'Roll

duckcs
10-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello,

I'm Brazilian and I've been tracking the development of Rig'n'Roll for some time...

I can't speak russian, so I couldn't post at the old forum, because it was all in russian language, I think it's nice the development team cares that much about their country and make the game all in russian, most of the games, even not from USA, are in English only...

Anyway, I would like to make some suggestions...

I don't know if you guys knows the game "King of the Road". It's a really old truck simulation game, but even nowadays, it's the best truck game I've ever played... I've not found any truck game that is that fun as King of the Road, I think the problem with the series 18 Wheels is the physics, 'cause you have just to accelerate and turn, not really drive, brake to do some turns, this kind of thing...

I would suggest:

1 - AI driving like real drivers, not always exactly in their lanes, if you play King of the Road a little bit you'll see what I'm talking about...

2 - Alternative, faster, but dangerous routes from some city to another... And hidden, of course

3 - I think it would be nice to be able to drive some kind of cars in the game, I've read that the development team didn't want to mix it, but I think there's no problem to have some fun with a car, some kind of bonus mission or something... Maybe an van? :grin:

4 - Will the game support H-Shifter? I've made an homemade h-shifter here, and I couldn't use it at any truck games... King of the Road is old, but have support for H-Shifter, and I don't know any nowadays truck game that supports it, lol...

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7277/65016934.jpg

Yes, I know it is really ugly, but it works :mrgreen:

5 - Make the game the most reallistic possible, but also fun... Don't forget Quick Save, and some different things to do... Some oversize load, maybe even an guide car? hehe

6 - I would never found this game selling in the stores of Brazil, even if I do, it would be 3x more expensive than the normal, lol... Will there be possible to buy it online with international credit card, like Steam?

I've been waiting for a long time for this game, I hope it's as good as I and everyone expect... But I'm sure it is, by the videos, you guys are doing an amazing work!

Whiskey
10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
If you have been tracking the development how could it be you don't know many of these things?

Anyway:

1- AI will respond to your driving (blinkers and driving). Althought it's not what you mention I think
2- There is hidden courses.
3- No vans or truck as you know. Maybe they could be part of the addon, who knows.
4- It will support clutch and 6 gears shifters
5- In the screenshots you can see excavators and huge tubes

flykas
10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Hello,

King of the Road is old, but have support for H-Shifter

I didn't know that. How can I play it with shifter? I have g 25

Whiskey
10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I remember that you could change gear with 1 to 0 numbers (above the letters, don't know about the numeric pad). I supose you have to do a profile in Gaming Software

duckcs
10-19-2009, 04:37 PM
I didn't know that. How can I play it with shifter? I have g 25

As Whiskey said, the gears can be changed with the numbers...

reverse = x
neutral = 0
1st gear = 1
2nd gear = 2
~
9th gear = 9

You'll have to make a profile at Logitech's gaming software

flykas
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
hm strange thing is that in Logitech profiler there is no gear buttons displayed. Why could it be so ?

Qwx
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Besides, did you know, that Rig'n'Roll is made by "King of the Road" developers, Softlab-NSK? :D

So, you can expect something similar in the "fun" scale ;]

duckcs
10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Besides, did you know, that Rig'n'Roll is made by "King of the Road" developers, Softlab-NSK? :D

So, you can expect something similar in the "fun" scale ;]

lol, that's such a obvious thing, that I did NOT know!

I get really happy by hear that, 'cause if they could do such a old game be so cool even nowadays, then I'm sure it will be worth for waiting for all this time!

I just hope they make an game inovator, fun, reallistic and timeless as they did on King of the Road... By the way, there's any way to make the BMW driveable on KoR? 'Cause it's floor keeps hitting the road everytime in a turn, and it causes overturns everytime lol

--edit--

About the BMW, nevermind, I did it... I've created a new game where it rains everytime, and put Off-Road tires on it, now it is much better

http://autoracing.virgula.uol.com.br/forum/style_emoticons/default/banana.gif

duckcs
10-22-2009, 09:27 PM
-Offtopic-

I'm creating an modest cockpit in my house, in order to play Rig'n'Roll without having too much spine problems with this f**** chair... I'll bought an car seat and etc... I've made an 3D preview model:

I'll put the direct link to the image, 'cause its a big image, and I dont want to break the forum's layout... (The image is 1516×1292 pixels)

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8573/46847195.jpg

Now I know the exact size of the cockpit, and how much PVC pipes and how many of those "pipe fittings", in orange, are necessary, they are in orange to be highligthed, for being easier to count how many I'm gonna need to build it...

drexit
10-23-2009, 05:41 PM
It looks really nice man :grin:

bakingcookies
11-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Rofl, nice H-shifter. Watch out for splinters. You're a real piece of work, you know that?