PDA

View Full Version : Excellent feature found in TOW2 Kursk demo!! GOOD JOB!!

loveclaire
10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
TOW2 Kursk demo provides a 'zoomable' top-down view that allows players to play the whole from top-down. It is really well implemented since the presentation is clear. It's lot easier to issue moving command this way.
It is basically the zoom out map of Close Combat game but the 3d objects and the fire tracers are still being drawn if you zoom close enough.

Since it doesn't draw that much objects on the screen,
the framerate is kept to be playable even in the heat of battle.

Really really well done!!

One suggestion though, the weapon sound is still pretty weak compared to other comtempory ww2 RTS game. Even Close Combat's weapon and the 'agony' sound is far more exciting.

Nokturnal
10-20-2009, 02:00 AM
I noticed this in a review of the demo posted by a French player. It does indeed look very nice, and allows players to quickly move their forces around when it gets hectic.

As for the sounds, i haven't played it myself but judging by the quality of sounds in the original ToW and ToW 2 - They are always a bit of a let down.
Thankfully, within a week or two of release there is destined to be a new sounds mod pack released (as was done with the other two titles) that greatly improves the quality of sounds in-game.

Sure it would be better if the company took a little extra time to do it themselves, but given the depth of the game i don't think some slightly out of place sounds will ruin my gaming experience.

Now i just want to know when it's going to be released - Or whether or not there will be an English demo before release?

If others are interested, here is the translated copy of the French review - There are alot of pics so it's worth checking out. Even a couple detailing the new feature loveclaire has mentioned.
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.39-45strategie.com%2FTest-de-Theatre-Of-War-II-Kursk-demo-russe.7074.0.html&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Sneaksie
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Of course English demo will be released, when - stay tuned, i think it will be soon:)