PDA

View Full Version : Space Rangers 2 Reboot Planet campaign game Crashing

NewnotesJR
10-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I've waited about 1 1/2 weeks and two emails for a response, but no one seems interested at technical support, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

Okay, I'm getting real sick and tired of this. I installed Space Rangers 2 Reboot to my computer recently. The game works fine in space so far, but keeps crashing on the first planet campaign. I'm doing the planet campaign for the Faeyans on planet Aprish in the Alfard System. It's the map that is the fossilized remnants of an ancient giant bug. It looks like a bug sort of too. The Blues start in the middle of the island in cut out areas that are called tunnels. The red start at the top left of the island. And I start at the bottom, rightish area of the island.

The game seems to crash about the same time too. Every time I get the resource points around the outside of the island except for the red production facility, and then I get the the blue resource point closest to my production facility. Then about 2 to 3 min., maybe ten, the game completely crashes. At first it was causing my screen to go completely blank so that I had to start the computer over. Then I upgraded my video card's driver and now the game just closes/crashes to windows at the same point.

Is there a fix or patch for my problem. If so, please let me know.

So far I've updated my sound and video card drivers. I've looked, but found no update for the game. I've cleared the files C:\WINDOWS\Temp and C:\DOCUME~1\ME\LOCALS~1\Temp every time I play. I close out all processes under my screen name except one's having to do with my video card. My system requirements are more than enough.

I run windows XP Media Center Edition with service pack 3. I have a 3.73 GHz Pentium IV processor with hyper-threading. Designed for compatibility with 64 bit applications. I have an ATI Radeon 4850 1GB from Sapphire Tech. I have a sound blaster Audigy 2 for my sound card. SB no longer makes a driver specifically for my card anymore. It's always a one driver fits all when I download the updated driver. My system RAM is maxed for XP.

If you need my Dxdiag report, I'd prefer to email it to you specifically.

Thank you.