PDA

View Full Version : question about mp system

Dagobert
10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
hey guys,
i got a question about the mp system in Men of War.
As I am informed there exist three versions of MoW.
The version you buy at your local shop in a box.
The version you can download over steam and the metaboli version.
I use the metaboli version and i realized that I can only join a few games, sometimes I even see only 5 games at a time. I use the latest patch with the Japanese wich is not the official one I guess. Is this the reason? Or are the gamers who bought the Steam version seperated from the Metaboli users?

greets
Dagobert

Korsakov829
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I bought mine at a shop.
Sometimes, I see only some 10 games, but when I refresh the server list I sometimes get even more. But when that doesn't work and I see no interesting games on, I just wait a hour or maybe the next day, and I see some 100 games atleast. Maybe, you can try later?

Nokturnal
10-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm not certain of this, i don't play MP anymore - But i believe the only thing separating Steam users from the others is the patch.
As you say, the Japanese patch isn't official and this means Steam users haven't been auto-updated. Also i would say not many people who bought from a store have bothered to install the update yet, most will be waiting for the official version to avoid bugs and the sort.

Give it some more time, as soon as it becomes official you will find many more players. Until then, i guess you could re-install and skip the patch so you can play with others who haven't updated?

Korsakov829
10-17-2009, 02:49 AM
...Also i would say not many people who bought from a store have bothered to install the update yet, most will be waiting for the official version to avoid bugs and the sort....

Hah mind reader.

I recommend to everyone, just wait till the official patch comes out.