PDA

View Full Version : Pause key isn't working

SnakeTheFox
10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Just what it says. I've played through maybe 1/3rd of the game thus far, and all of a sudden my pause key isn't working.

I've tried everything from restarting the game, to going into the "KEYS" set file and remapping it to stuff like the spacebar or P, nothing works. I hit "Pause" and it does nothing.

I've tried not having units selected, I've tried having units selected. Makes no difference. I've made new games, loaded old ones, etc. I'm also noticing weird anomalies, like units disappearing when I load an old game. This started happening on the second "Bonus" mission, where you're defending a small village from the Germans as the Russians. I lost towards the final tank rush, reloaded an old save, and one of my anti-tank guns disappeared.

Anyhow I beat that level so that issue isn't a concern anymore, what is really concerning me is my sudden lack of pause functionality. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm on the latest patch of the game, if that's any issue.

Morgoth
10-14-2009, 06:48 PM
:grin:Just what it says. I've played through maybe 1/3rd of the game thus far, and all of a sudden my pause key isn't working.

I've tried everything from restarting the game, to going into the "KEYS" set file and remapping it to stuff like the spacebar or P, nothing works. I hit "Pause" and it does nothing.

I've tried not having units selected, I've tried having units selected. Makes no difference. I've made new games, loaded old ones, etc. I'm also noticing weird anomalies, like units disappearing when I load an old game. This started happening on the second "Bonus" mission, where you're defending a small village from the Germans as the Russians. I lost towards the final tank rush, reloaded an old save, and one of my anti-tank guns disappeared.

Anyhow I beat that level so that issue isn't a concern anymore, what is really concerning me is my sudden lack of pause functionality. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm on the latest patch of the game, if that's any issue.

Make sure your locks arnt on that wasnt on before as that can effect it,ie,Caps Lock,Num Lock,Scroll Lock.But it also could be as simple as that key is no longer working,did you or another family member spill some liquid on the keyboard by any chance,my brother did that to one of my keyboards,& a number of keys stopped working as a result,cost him the expense of a New Keyboard too lol.

SnakeTheFox
10-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Well I've tried tampering with the Caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock to no avail.

It couldn't be that the key is busted, because as I've said, I've swapped it around to the P key (which obviously still works as I just typed P :P) and to the Spacebar.

However just to see, I went into Company of Heroes (which has the same setup for pausing, the "pause break" key), and it still works in that game. So something within the game itself is borked, it's not on my end.

Morgoth
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Well I've tried tampering with the Caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock to no avail.

It couldn't be that the key is busted, because as I've said, I've swapped it around to the P key (which obviously still works as I just typed P :P) and to the Spacebar.

However just to see, I went into Company of Heroes (which has the same setup for pausing, the "pause break" key), and it still works in that game. So something within the game itself is borked, it's not on my end.

Check your 'key.set' with note pad,see if its been switched off or altered,it should read;

{"common/pause"
{value KEY_PAUSE}
{noedit}
Also are you running any mods,especialy mods made for machines not of your country,that may hold the key,ive found that some mods,not many but some,even after you have switched them off,have altered your computer,to see if this is the case switch off all mods,& remove them from your Mods folder 1 at a time while trying your game to see which if any have effected the pc.:grin:

Nokturnal
10-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Well i know it's not technically a fix, but you could just resort to hitting backspace (game speed settings) as that also pauses the game.
If you wanted to pause it for screenshots or some other purpose, then i would go with Morgoth's suggestions.