PDA

View Full Version : MoT Custom Sounds

Liz Shaw
10-14-2009, 05:30 AM
I've been replacing sound files with alternate ones for MoT. I immediately applied some stuff from AHO's DtS mod, and I recently started out replacing some of the American voice clips with ones from "Desperados: Wanted Dead Or Alive". But it's not enough. Is it possible to extract sound files from Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money?

AHO
10-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Is it possible to extract sound files from Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money?

Sure check this: http://forum.elberethzone.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=244&sid=7ba49efd1240fbab9be2cb5403fb04c8

PS: I've got a huge sound lib for modding, If you need something special,
so let me know...

Liz Shaw
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I wasn't able to get it to work! I'm wanting to take a look at the sound files for the guards in the Contracts mission "Beldingford Manor" (who are British), to see if any of them could be useful for British NPCs in MoT.

AHO
10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I wasn't able to get it to work! I'm wanting to take a look at the sound files for the guards in the Contracts mission "Beldingford Manor" (who are British), to see if any of them could be useful for British NPCs in MoT.

Didn't you follow the instructions in readme file?

Usage: put this program together with streams.wav and pair of .whd + .wav files
into the same directory, run it with command: hwhd.exe [filename].whd

Liz Shaw
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I didn't understand what it meant! Do I have to make the program register on Command Prompt or something?

AHO
10-14-2009, 10:14 AM
I didn't understand what it meant! Do I have to make the program register on Command Prompt or something?

OK, step by step:

Create a empty temporary folder eg. c:\test
copy the etractor into this folder
copy all *.wav files into this folder
copy all *.whd files into this folder
open the command prompt and switch to your folder
Enter the command: hwhd.exe [filename].whd (replace filename with
each filename of the .whd files).

Liz Shaw
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks, it worked!

AHO
10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks, it worked!

Fine :)

Liz Shaw
10-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm done with the Contracts files, how do I extract files from Blood Money and Assassin's Creed?

I need to check the former for suitable American voice files (regular and Southern, but not the Negro gangsters from the Tutorial, for obvious reasons:grin:), and the latter for suitable English voice files (the weak Crusader guards).

AHO
10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm done with the Contracts files, how do I extract files from Blood Money
Same engine, same way... ;)

I'm done with the Contracts files, how do I extract files from Blood Money and Assassin's Creed?

I dunno, which engine does it use?

Liz Shaw
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I dunno, which engine does it use?

I think it's called Anvil...

irakmata
08-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I want to replace the music of the game. I extracted sounds.vfs and replaced .ogg files but... How can I repack the extracted files into a new Sounds.vfs???

Thanks.

Liz Shaw
08-02-2010, 03:39 AM
I want to replace the music of the game. I extracted sounds.vfs and replaced .ogg files but... How can I repack the extracted files into a new Sounds.vfs???

Thanks.

I don't think it's possible...

irakmata
08-02-2010, 09:12 AM
What?? And how are you making mods? Must be a way to replace the files (textures, sounds...). The question is... How?

Liz Shaw
08-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Repacking is unnecessary, just move the vfs folder to another location after unpacking its content.

irakmata
08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't understand... :( Can you tell me step by step the instructions for replace sound files?? I'm silly, I know, I know... :D

irakmata
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Working!! Lots of thanks!!! And sorry :P