PDA

View Full Version : Karador on impossible - no casualties/5 units

loreangelicus
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Yup, a straight-up mano-a-mano fight with Karador on impossible, and no single unit/Invisibility/Chargers/Rage Drain shenanigans. :)

Attached are 3 screenshots:
1) start of battle
2) battle at turn 31; game over for Karador, really
3) no casualty victory

I only used 3 spell types for the battle: Phantom, Resurrect, and Heal.

The secret to such a victory? Don't skip battles, keep on killing enemies, and by the time you face Karador you'll be around level 24+ and 18,000+ leadership. Sure, tactics, unit composition, etc. matter, but nothing places you in a better position to do this than having a good amount of potential firepower to begin with.

I took him out at level 26 and 19,000 leadership, but I took Paladin which allowed me to invest early on on Learning (level 3) and Keeper of Light (level 3).

Just wanted to share this since I'm pretty sure the developers designed the game so that you could beat the enemies on straight-up regular battles.

iregev
10-12-2009, 05:55 AM
congrats on your victory indeead very impressive
2 questions from
1 - how high was your holy anger skill ?if I remeber correctly it does not effect demons so basically you have 2 units that do not enjoy the +5/+10+15 attack bonus looks like a waste for paladin but might be good setup for a warriror
2 - how usefull where the Shamans in this fight ? Did they imflict actual damage or where they shakaled by the Necromancer ?

I ususlly go with priests to this battle - Korador just loves to cast fear on them and that's okay with me because there are plenty of level 1-2 creatures to kill.
With paladin and holy anger (+15 attack) preist and inquistors are very deadly against undead

loreangelicus
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Holy Anger was left at the starting level of 1 for my paladin. There were too many other stuff that I wanted to upgrade that included mind runes, from the magic and might branches, and even on the mind branch (Learning 3, Keeper of Light 3, Tolerance 2). I usually upgrade skills on an "as needed" basis, when I encounter battles I have difficulty in.

Well, my usual tactic is to cast phantom on the emerald green dragons (essentially free phantoms if on the first turn you fly it to the middle of the enemy and use its mana drain radius damage attack, getting back 15-30 mana) and use demoness (Anga's Ruby enhanced, so always goes first) to swap it with what I deem is a threat in the enemy, in this case the necromancers. Sadly, the necromancers did waste it's first turn to cast shackles on the shamans, and they did not last to see the second turn.

Shamans were key in the mid to late part of the battle (thus the early shackles was useless). As you know, the dark crystal keeps on casting necro call on dead bodies. I usually keep this from happening by stepping on the dead body using a unit, but there were more dead bodies than I had units. The solution: plant a totem on top of the dead unit, preventing it from necro call.

So for unit selection the demoness/emerald green dragons/shamans/inquisitors were essential; the demons were there just for the fun. :)