PDA

View Full Version : Steam

xgmx
10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Alright, so I got this one Counter-Strike: Source pack for Christmas like 4 or 5 years ago. This pack contained Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. When I first got it, I tried to set it up, but it didn't work, or I didn't know how to set it up (I was like 12 at the time), so I never got to play it. Now I am trying to set it up again, today (Saturday, October 10, 2009 AD, Gregorian calendar). I have all three of the games installed, however, I tried to activate the games with the CD-keys that it gave me (the box has 2 reference cards that say the exact same thing, except for different CD-keys). The first CD-key didn't work, so I tried the second, it also didn't work. My uncle got it for me new, so it's not like he got it used or he played it himself before giving it to me (which would render the CD-keys invalid). I believe this may have been the same problem I experienced a few years ago. Also, the problem isn't my old account, which got deleted, because I never used it and I didn't have any games activated on it. The first time this happened, Steam contacted me and said it was because I installed Steam on my D drive, and that Steam retail games don't work on anything other than C drives, however, this time I installed it on my C drive (so that isn't the problem either). So, why am I experiencing this problem? I highly doubt some guy on the Internet randomly typed in random codes that just so happened to be mine (twice), since the odds of that happening for one CD-key is like 1 in a million, let alone 2 CD-keys, which is like 1 in a billion. I have already sent in a Steam support ticket asking for assistance, in which I including pictures of both CD-key reference cards, as well a picture of all 4 CDs, with the two reference cards, along with the game box. Please help me rectify this most unfortunate problem. Below is a screenshot of the error message (the same error appeared for both CD-keys, so I only took one screenshot):

http://209.85.62.24/419/129/0/p227757/erroractivating.jpg (http://s1.zetaboards.com/Ezri/topic/2384109/)