PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer's "curse" - Morale decrease works or not?

BB Shockwave
10-10-2009, 12:00 AM
After I started using Necros (really versatile units, much better then what Liches in HOMMV became, although I wish their area effect projectile wouldn't damage undead) I noticed that the "Curse" that their attack inflicts is in fact, not the same "Weakness" spell that for example Cursed Spiders inflict, but a spell that decreases morale of the unit by -1.

Now thing is... if you right-click an enemy unit, they do not have any morale indicator whatsoever. In fact I do not think Morale applies to them, since they don't seem to get negative effects for Undead in their army, or increased attack/defense for Undead if they fight in cemeteries...

Basically, does morale exists at all for enemy armies? Because if not, then the Necro's effect is pretty much worthless... :(

Razorflame
10-12-2009, 02:39 PM
i also wonderered about that

but then again
that attack hardly matters anyway :P

Shadowdrake
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure enemies have no morale whatsover. Usually this is a good thing (otherwise Freedom Islands would be a huge pain with all the pirates/sea dogs/devilfish running around with +2 morale) but sometimes you have unlikely armies of undead mixed with other races, without penalty :(