PDA

View Full Version : Giants ruin no losses impossible campaign

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-09-2009, 11:09 AM
As the title suggests they are SO annoying :evil:

Playing with Warrior so no resurrect obviously till I get to Elven lands. A stack of 8 giants make this impossible to achieve as I can't kil them nevermind the other stack of 4 etc oh and then there's the alchemists etc lol

Has anyone completed a no losses campaign with Warrior?

The other thing that's spoiling my fun is that my defence is huge but attack very average due to being given defence bonus after defence bonus....

loreangelicus
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes, I know the feeling... and the thing is they don't even do that much damage, but just enough to kill a couple of units from your land-based troops.

You could cast Glots Armor on your weakest land-based troop, but that's just for one troop...

I'm assuming you don't have Gift for your Inquisitors; on a no-casualties run, most veterans make sure they have either Resurrect or Gift available early on, else start a new game. This is because you couldn't get enough flying units to avoid the "ticky-tack" damage from the inevitable Giants at dwarven lands.

Try to get fliers just for your dwarven lands run. Or fight fire with fire: take high HP units like Giants so that their jump-stomp is laughable. Then switch back to your regular army once you've killed all enemies that have Giants in them.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes, I know the feeling... and the thing is they don't even do that much damage, but just enough to kill a couple of units from your land-based troops.

You could cast Glots Armor on your weakest land-based troop, but that's just for one troop...

I'm assuming you don't have Gift for your Inquisitors; on a no-casualties run, most veterans make sure they have either Resurrect or Gift available early on, else start a new game. This is because you couldn't get enough flying units to avoid the "ticky-tack" damage from the inevitable Giants at dwarven lands.

Try to get fliers just for your dwarven lands run. Or fight fire with fire: take high HP units like Giants so that their jump-stomp is laughable. Then switch back to your regular army once you've killed all enemies that have Giants in them.

Nice thinking, has it worked for you? I have not come across any inquisitors and im at level 14!!

I'm off to rescue the dwarf kings son and get the reaper spirit, after I get that it's going to be Griffins/Timeback for the next 10 lvl ups at least :cool:

loreangelicus
10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Wow... no Resurrect and no Inquisitors on a no-casualties run... you have quite a challenging game there, considering that the hardest part of a no-casualties run is the first two continents of the game (Darion and Islands of Freedom).

Honestly, I've only played Paladin, so those suggestions above are just IMHO good strategies for the situation you are in.

Btw, if you actually have Sacrifice and Heal, you can Sacrifice-Heal your Giants to bring back dead units from other troops.

Good luck on your game, I commend you for taking up such a challenging situation.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow... no Resurrect and no Inquisitors on a no-casualties run... you have quite a challenging game there, considering that the hardest part of a no-casualties run is the first two continents of the game (Darion and Islands of Freedom).

Honestly, I've only played Paladin, so those suggestions above are just IMHO good strategies for the situation you are in.

Btw, if you actually have Sacrifice and Heal, you can Sacrifice-Heal your Giants to bring back dead units from other troops.

Good luck on your game, I commend you for taking up such a challenging situation.

I gave up on the no losses campaign lol That can only be done if you use Paladin or by some miracle you find inquisitors early on :)

bucazaurus
10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
My advice to you (i play a warrior atm -impossible no casualties) is to skip all battles in Demonis and Dwarf's Land when you visit them the first time and try to find Ancient Vampires.(most of the time they are for sale in Necromancer house in Dwarf's Land ) also you can look for them in Death land when you go to Ellinia. After battle with Karador the game will send you back to Dwarf's Land and Demonis to find the key to Haas Labyrinth. This time ,using only one stack of Ancient Vampires (transformed in bats at the start of first round), you can clear out all enemy stacks in both continents without to much trouble and most important with no losses. For the hard battles( Xeona and Baal ) Use invisibility ,Cloud of Poison,Rage Draining and Chargers combo . If you look at the picture you can see that the Cloud has 13 attacks before it vanish. That's 1040-2080 dmg per use done to multiple stacks. Multiply this with ,let's say, 10 uses and you have 10400-20800 dmg before the enemy will ever see you.

iregev
10-11-2009, 12:39 PM
even with no inquistor it can be done but will require some carfull planning and sometimes just sheer luck :-)
you will need dragon arrow level 2 (or 15 inteliigence) and dark comander level 3
Army setup:
beholder / evil beholder - flying don't get hit from giants put units to sleep.
skeleton archers - with gloth armor
Shamans - strong and durable, will most likely won't die from the odd earth quake
Vampires - will resurrect themselves
5th unit an be picked from any of the above: ghost/cursed ghost/cannnor/alchemist.

the key with warriror for this setup is to reserach dark commander ASAP and make those skellies hit before the giants, if you don;t have tolerance it's not too bad either because shamans only suffer -1 morale from undead

first turn:
gloth armor on skellies dragon arrows on skellies they will usually kill the biggest stack of giants (hopefully not more than one).
evil beholder mind control enemy shooter
cannoner weaken/destroy another shooter if you care about morale change them to ghosts.
Vampires charge ahead hopefully to lure tha AI to attack them
Shamans place totem in front of shooter or block the giant path from charging, or use axes to disable another shooter. I found out that if a giant can not move on the first turn it will usually not do earth quake

by the end of the first round usually the giant should die or reduced to none lethal level and hopeully you have survived the first turn shoot out.

Tuen 2: vampires reach enemy shooter and mop them up.you can cast target on them now.
skellies (shoot first because dark comander) use dtragon arrow to clean other stack
beholder put someone to sleep.
shamans place life totem to heal themsleves and improve their defense

loreangelicus
10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
My advice to you (i play a warrior atm -impossible no casualties) is to skip all battles in Demonis and Dwarf's Land when you visit them the first time and try to find Ancient Vampires.(most of the time they are for sale in Necromancer house in Dwarf's Land ) also you can look for them in Death land when you go to Ellinia. After battle with Karador the game will send you back to Dwarf's Land and Demonis to find the key to Haas Labyrinth. This time ,using only one stack of Ancient Vampires (transformed in bats at the start of first round), you can clear out all enemy stacks in both continents without to much trouble and most important with no losses. For the hard battles( Xeona and Baal ) Use invisibility ,Cloud of Poison,Rage Draining and Chargers combo . If you look at the picture you can see that the Cloud has 13 attacks before it vanish. That's 1040-2080 dmg per use done to multiple stacks. Multiply this with ,let's say, 10 uses and you have 10400-20800 dmg before the enemy will ever see you.

An alternative to this is to go for Demoness + Anga's Ruby. You would have the same advantage initiative-wise as you would with Ancient Vampire + Dark Commander (level 3).

Nice tip on the Cloud of Poison there bucazaurus. :) Now I know how to kill all-dragon enemies before the Chargers glitch start turning my mana and rage balls invisible. :)

bucazaurus
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
As the title suggests they are SO annoying :evil:

Playing with Warrior so no resurrect obviously till I get to Elven lands. A stack of 8 giants make this impossible to achieve as I can't kil them nevermind the other stack of 4 etc oh and then there's the alchemists etc lol
Has anyone completed a no losses campaign with Warrior?

The other thing that's spoiling my fun is that my defence is huge but attack very average due to being given defence bonus after defence bonus....

After just finished the game i can confirm you that it can be done with an warrior. Except Karador battle all other important battles are slow but easy to win with the combo i just posted above. As you can see in final score i had the same problem with Attack/Defence distribution but during the game i didn't feel in any way the need for more Attack.So keep up the fight and good luck to you.

Razorflame
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM
you can also use 2 splitted stacks of necromancers;-)

and use their ability to block the giants jump ^^