PDA

View Full Version : item specific mod

bmcelvan
10-08-2009, 01:01 AM
I have been trying to get a specific item in my game - telescopic sight- because I 've had it before and loved it but don't think it's in my game this time. Since every new game has "random" placement of items, and if you copy your .sav files to a different computer your game is correct, is the item placement data stored in the .sav file? I turned a .sav into a .zip file and extraced it an got three files. Is there a way to modify these files to give me the item I want? Otherwise, how can I make or get a mod that has the item for sale in a specific store?

Been trying to figure this out forever it seems like now.

any help is appreciated

I have the Atari US version 1.6.5

bucazaurus
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
You will love this. You know the painter from Arlania, right? Well with this little mod he will sell you the item you looking for instead of one of his painting.You don't need to start a new game for that because it works with any saved one. So have fun playing ;)

bmcelvan
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
thank you so much...can you do this for any item if you change the mod?

Do I extract the files from the zip and just put both files in the /mod folder? Or...do I rename the .zip file to .kfs or whatever it is?

bucazaurus
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Unzip them in mods folder.
What i did was changing the properties and description of Face of Terror item
(one of the painting) with the properties and description of Telescopic Sight.
You can change the painting with the properties and description of any artifact you want.

OGKingsBounty92
05-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Unzip them in mods folder.
What i did was changing the properties and description of Face of Terror item
(one of the painting) with the properties and description of Telescopic Sight.
You can change the painting with the properties and description of any artifact you want.

Thanks for posting this..really helps alot. Will this work with spells as well?