PDA

View Full Version : Planet Alcatraz

clipthat
10-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Really excited about this game especially if it has similar game play to crusader. Unfortunately i cant find any more info on it on other sites.
Is this game definately being released on the 9th of october?

cheers
clip

Elwin
10-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Well 1C site says so, so it should be like it

clipthat
10-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks elwin...does anyone know if there will be multi player in the game?Also are there any videos besides the Russian one mentioned in another thread? thanks

persoiranian
10-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Really excited about this game especially if it has similar game play to crusader. Unfortunately i cant find any more info on it on other sites.
Is this game definately being released on the 9th of october?

cheers
clip

it seems the game is very cool. searching for such a game for long time....

clipthat
10-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Hmm still cant find any info on this ..except it was released last year as Dungeon Cleaner 2 ..anyone know the control system and if theres multiplayer?

thanks
clip

blacktick
10-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I was under the impression that Planet Alcatraz is the original Dungeon Cleaner and who knows how long we have to wait until the sequel is translated.

Nonetheless,I'm hyped about this..will be interested to see if it's as good as the reviews said it was BACK IN 2007!!!!

clipthat
10-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh its the first one....surprised they haven't said more about this on any of the game websites..no advertising anywhere? anyway hope its released in 4 days!

persoiranian
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
hope the game has enough sandbox features , not a linear mission after mission.....

blacktick
10-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure this is a great game. At least the reviews were great when it arrived in Russia.
There rarely are much advertisement for these games...sad,but true. I'm just glad they get an english release so I might also give them a try. :)
Hope to see this on GG. Also Star wolves 3 along with a farewell to dragons better be on schedule for late october!!! :D

persoiranian
10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure this is a great game. At least the reviews were great when it arrived in Russia.

when it arrived in russia? 2007? or perhaps this is a new one?:confused:

however, i will GRAB the game ;)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=ru|en&u=http://pc.reborn.ru/%3Fcontentid%3D72520&prev=/translate_s%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dplanet%2Balcatraz%2B1c %26sl%3Den%26tl%3Dru

check this also. according to reborn.ru there is no multi player and the release date is 2009....

blacktick
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Of course it says 2009 on that site since it's with the new name.
The original russian release is known as "Dungeon Cleaners":

http://www.ag.ru/games/dungeon_cleaners

Ag.ru gave it 80/100 which I consider good coming from them. :D
Oh and it says nov 2006 there,but I think it was 2007....oh well. :)

Divebomb
10-08-2009, 12:20 PM
the translated version is supposed to be up on gamersgate tomorrow!

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PLAAL/planet-alcatraz

:o

blacktick
10-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Ha,good to know it wasn't delayed. :D
Instant buy for me!

Hopefully A farewell to dragons,star wolves 3 and King's bounty expansion are still available on oct 30th. :)

persoiranian
10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
good to hear that.....

clipthat
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for that link I will buying it first thing tomorrow!
Just wish there was more hype around this....

Divebomb
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
it's just up now along with all the other 1c games they added for pre-order on there today (death to spies moment of truth, xiii century blood of europe, xiii century gold, cannon strike).

damn I really want to check out cannon strike also. but I'm noooooot as sure about it as I usually am with most 1C releases. it looks great in the trailer, but a demo would be nice.

got planet alcatraz downloading anyway. :)

Divebomb
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Ha,good to know it wasn't delayed. :D
Instant buy for me!

Hopefully A farewell to dragons,star wolves 3 and King's bounty expansion are still available on oct 30th. :)
oh yeah, hope so. what a crazy month for 1c titles. the first men of war expansion is supposed to be then aswell. really interested in a farewell to dragons and star wolves 3.. king's bounty armored princess and men of war red tide are must-buys but they're a known quantity really. I love this more unknown stuff.

gm rally was supposed to be 9th october aswell. not seen anything of that. it looks sort of ok in the media released, but who knows. it's by xbow so should be good.

blacktick
10-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Damn work...
Otherwise I'd play planet alcatraz straight away. :D

oh yeah, hope so. what a crazy month for 1c titles. the first men of war expansion is supposed to be then aswell. really interested in a farewell to dragons and star wolves 3.. king's bounty armored princess and men of war red tide are must-buys but they're a known quantity really. I love this more unknown stuff.

gm rally was supposed to be 9th october aswell. not seen anything of that. it looks sort of ok in the media released, but who knows. it's by xbow so should be good.

Ya,puzzles me that 1C releases all games at the same day and with very minimal marketing,but I browse this forum and GG daily so that I won't miss anything so it's no biggie for me.

I tried the russian version of "a farewell to dragons" and it seemed good enough for a party based rpg,but since I didn't understand anything I can't say how good it really was/is.
Star wolves 3 I'm hyped for. Played both star wolves and loved em to bits. :D
King's Bounty goes without saying. :)
The other games I'll try out of curiosity.

Divebomb
10-09-2009, 08:54 AM
yeah, same. loved both star wolves games. really interested to see 3.

1c international releases to zero fanfare is a given now, isn't it. hehe.

persoiranian
10-10-2009, 06:25 PM
how is the game? there is no review yet (except russian reviews) how do you like the game?

clipthat
10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Hmmm its so so, the voice overs are terrible though especially for the main character you play and this ruins it a little.

blacktick
10-10-2009, 09:08 PM
It's a mixed bag,some will hate it.

I like it,sure it has crappy voice acting(didn't expect anything else),grammar issues and they censored it from the russian version(like racism etc).
But it's still a nice game. I can't really explain,but I feel the need to explore more and see where the story goes. The variety of weapons is great,the gfx are still ok considering it's a 2-3 year old game and the music is good.

The game gets better(IMO) once you get past the beginning and that could be a problem for some,but stick with it and see for yourselves. :)

persoiranian
10-11-2009, 12:46 PM
thanks for your answers guys. how good is the sandbox features? how much we can move and explore freely,getting side missions and more....??

clipthat
10-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Not to bad,so far im still early in the game but have accepted and completed a a good amount of different main missions and side missions this then opens up other areas on the map.

persoiranian
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks for the reply.good to see the game is not linear. about bad voices..they are not surprising;)

Divebomb
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
love the dialogues in this. it's extremely messed up, but it fits perfectly. I have no idea how open the game is though, how many different ways there are to go through it. for my guy, I guess I kind of didn't go in with a real plan for my characters. I get into trouble a lot. like there are a bunch of missions where there really aren't any options for me to talk my way through and I'll have to fight 5-6 guys which pretty much always leads to me dying because he isn't really that good at fighting either hehe. I'm only up to the first "big" town though. after the prison place.

really enjoying it. but I have to trial and error a lot. the game autosaves on every single new character dialogue though, so dying a ton isn't a big problem. and a bunch of dialogue options do lead directly to the game over screen. hehe.

edit: I think the voices are fine. they are bad, but at the same time the game is completely crazy, the dialogue is insane. so it fits fine. it's just a crazy game

"I like it,sure it has crappy voice acting(didn't expect anything else),grammar issues and they censored it from the russian version(like racism etc)."

hehe. oh man, I have thought I've detected a hint of racism in some places though.

ZIGS
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh my God, I never laughed so much playing a game! This is comedic gold! It's like playing Fallout with Hugh Grant as the lead character! XD

Divebomb
11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Haha. Exactly. Where are you, what are you doing in the game now?

Skuff
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
This is such a great game and the miss translations and sketchy voices make it what it is :) mad propz to 1C on this !!

phet lac
11-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Hi all

pls help me, i get a critically wounded in game & don't know how to cure. The only doctor at hospitai in north city does'nt have talk icon, so i can't get him cure me. pls help.

Sorry for my english

planetalcatraz
11-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Hi all
pls help me, i get a critically wounded in game & don't know how to cure. The only doctor at hospitai in north city does'nt have talk icon, so i can't get him cure me. pls help.
Sorry for my english

If you get critically wounded in game, just put the surgeon kit in the character's inventory. then klik rest until fully healed.
surgeon kit can be bought at the hospital in the city.

Same procedure when we need to repair an item. only put a repair kit (forget the name) instead of surgeon kit.

Sorry for my english.

phet lac
11-11-2009, 02:15 AM
I get your answer. I'll try it. Thank you very much.

persoiranian
11-11-2009, 02:34 PM
just got this and a farewell to dragons.ok ok i know i'm late... haven't done anything important yet but it's cool. after playing for a few more hours i will come back to discuss the game.

persoiranian
11-11-2009, 07:18 PM
at the beginning it may disappoint you..but play for more 20 minutes and you will like it.
various and funny dialogues, many choices,many weapons and more...
quality of sounds could be alot better.
i wish more people will come here to discuss and even make some mods and improvements if possible.

Divebomb
11-11-2009, 10:32 PM
let me ask you this. the first gorilla thing you see in the game. right in the beginning. is it possible to take it down? before the prison place. I tried for a really long time before just running past it.

Nokturnal
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks to those giving their opinions - Without an actual review anywhere to be found it's good to hear that people are enjoying it.
I like the sound of the story, funny dialogue, opening new areas to explore, lots of guns...Ahh takes me back to the old Fallout days..

Looks like i've got another game to get :P I will post my opinions once i have played for a few hours.

Sneaksie
11-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Zany game) Russian one was made specially anti-politically correct with 14+ rating, English version is much less offensive though;)

persoiranian
11-12-2009, 08:24 PM
let me ask you this. the first gorilla thing you see in the game. right in the beginning. is it possible to take it down? before the prison place. I tried for a really long time before just running past it.

you mean gorilla thing after killing that wild dogs? i could kill that by using many weapons and eating a lot of things to gain health.however i haven't tried that on hard difficulty.

Skuff
11-13-2009, 02:30 AM
ive been playing for many hours now taking my time as i always do with game like this but im am stuck on how to proceed on one of my quest after i rescued one of my m8 from being a slave it says report to blacky but when i go to the office building it is locked so i cant get in and cannot be picked !? any ideas ?? i have killed a guy guarding the train warehouse for him with a reward of 3000 promised but the same thing the door is locked to the office building so i cant talk to blacky ?

any hlp would be great :D

Sneaksie
11-13-2009, 06:38 AM
You need to visit required locations on global map (they appeared after you saved Sullen) and complete their quests before proceeding with the main quest.

Skuff
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
ahh sweet as this is good to know ive only got 2 side quests left and then i can carry on ! thanks for the info !!

Metroplex
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Can you buy DVD version or is it just DL for now?

Nike-it
11-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Can you buy DVD version or is it just DL for now?

Right now it is available only via digital download.

persoiranian
11-13-2009, 10:47 AM
said so in "a farewell to dragons" topic ,but i repeat:from now please ask your questions or write things you want,in separate topics,we have our own forum now!!

Skuff
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
This is great news thanks for the update :)

planetalcatraz
11-16-2009, 02:58 AM
You need to visit required locations on global map (they appeared after you saved Sullen) and complete their quests before proceeding with the main quest.

correct, finish all "human-encounter" on a global map. then you can continue the main quest (and get another allied).
kruger after sullen and demon after get kruger.

phet lac
11-19-2009, 03:00 AM
hi all

Pls help me, i got a vampire rifle and an underbarel to attach to it, i got the 30mm ammo for that underbarel too, and i press Ctrl when shooting too, but i can not fire from that underbarel.

How can i lunch a grenade from underbarel?

Sorry for my english.

Sneaksie
11-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Did you load the grenade into it? Drag&drop 30mm ammo on this weapon, for example.

phet lac
11-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Did you load the grenade into it? Drag&drop 30mm ammo on this weapon, for example.

I know how to launch a grenade. U click on bullet icon of the rifle, it has 3 mode: 3 shot, 1 shot and grenade mode. Thanks for reply.

phet lac
11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi all

Pls help me again. How to kill a zombie, i shoot it down already, but later it reborn again.

Sorry for my english

Sneaksie
11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Shoot at head (hold down '8' key on numpad). In addition, zombies won't rise after several deaths.

planetalcatraz
11-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Just found out, that varod from Industrial zone. if we choose the speech carefully, we can get a sub-quest from him.
Tell a password "Charlie don't surf" to prospero in stone guard.
I still don't finish it yet, but just say the password and agree doing a mission, we got +30.000 xp reward (forgot the exact amount).