PDA

View Full Version : Cryostasis Glitch or Bug??

wiss83
09-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey everyone!
putting all the game's problem aside, Cryostasis is a really great game!
but I'm having some issues, and hope someone could help me!
I'm now in the 2nd flashback of the diver, I did cut the pipe, and a big current drag me, now I can see a zombie (or whatever it is) hitting my suit with an axe till he brakes the glass. now the thing is that I have to pick up the axe and help my friend cause the zombie starts attacking him
and that's where the problem is
when the zombie hits me with the axe and leave it to attack my friend, the axe just disappears and I can't move my hands or do anything!!!
so I'm just stuck watching my friend dying and loosing this level, to return back and repeat it with the same thing!
sorry for the long thread! but I'm desperate for some help.
Thank you

RavenMaster
09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah i'd say that's a bug. Sounds like ur saved game file has gotten corrupted. If u have any saves prior to that mission i'd advise u to use that and catch up again. Hopefully you will be able to use the axe and continue after that.

wiss83
09-30-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks for your response
the thing is that I tried a new game and the same thing happens!
so I know it's not a corrupted save

RavenMaster
10-01-2009, 03:31 AM
Is the game patched?

wiss83
10-01-2009, 09:03 AM
no it's not!
I can't use the Physx patch I guess, cause my card is not high end,
it's a Gefoce 9400 GT
I play the game at 800 x 600 with all settings on high and shadows off (AA on and 2x AF)

RavenMaster
10-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't forget there's a physx software update and there's patch 1.1 - quite a lot of ppl mistake the two to be one in the same when they're not. In the first patch 1.1 there were a number of glitch/bug fixes which may solve ur problem.

As much as i'd like to think it would, even after patching i still find the game stuttery/choppy even with my build. Probably because im using a 64-bit OS when the game only officially supports a 32-bit OS =(

vokmitsir
11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
. Sounds like ur saved game file has gotten corrupted