PDA

View Full Version : My thought about 7.62mm.

Nightbaron
09-29-2009, 06:23 AM
I think the best words to describe this game is "rough diamond"... altho it have all the features more matured gamers loved, its still plagued with some problems... But hei... I think i'll still buy another one from the series if its ever come out in the future.

Some request tho... better unit-terrain interaction would be good, Since its been more than once in the game when i found a great spot on elevated ground, But my mercs seems cannot be able to get there... Heck, sometimes they even have problems going up/down over a few feet of dirt mount and tends to go all the way around just to get across :)

Colonel
10-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Overall, a great game, but with many flaws.

Apart from the bugs, of which there are many, there are also a number things I feel could have implemented better. I don't like the merc-hire system, for example. The JA system, in comparison, was perfect. Also, with these kind of games, I've always prefered to build my own merc from scratch.

The graphics though good, are quite dreary. But you can get used to that. The RPG elements are great, but the triggers can be sometimes hit and miss. What I enjoy most is the SPM. That beats T/B and R/T hands down, IMO.

The good news is that the developers are making a couple of new games using the same engine. The bad news is that, given their track record, we can expect little or no after sales service if the new games prove anything as buggy as 7.62.

Nightbaron
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, If Only They would polish up Their products... Too bad tho, Specialy when They seems to be able to get few things right with this game, Such as the more "reallistic" inventory/loots parts of the game... The enemy have the guns and the ammo, which means ammo def would NOT be a problem... like it should be on a war torn country/island.
( Always feels kindda awkward with the so called balancing system usually implemented with this genre, Most common scenario... Your less than normaly would equiped squad finally succeded ambushing and managed to obliterate a convoy of enemy soldiers... Just to find out that all the shinny automatic rifles the enemy used to make your life hard just minutes ago... have magicaly transformed into a pea shooter revolver AND No ammo whatsoever :)

Oh, And the shooting ability... atleast in 7.62 the dumbest over priced mercs STILL capable of shooting somebody 10 meters away, While in a recent similar themed game (infact actually in MOST of the game with the same genre)... Even The Not-that-dumb mercs can hardly hit a truck sized target 10 meters away, Believed or not I got more frustrated with hired guns ability than with all the crashes playing 7.62 :)

Jules
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Ya, alot of the other X-com fans like me would play this game if they knew about it. I've sent emails to 1C, aperion, asking them about the expansion "Reloaded"
in english but they never replied. So I guess we'll never
see an english version of it. They havn't replied yet about
an english version of "Man Of Prey" either.

But I did find out that they are still working on JA3.