PDA

View Full Version : Will Moment of Truth work with XP SP2?

lundberg500
09-29-2009, 02:55 AM
I see the requirements are XP SP3. I have been running SP2 for years on my gaming computer which is offline and it runs all of my games perfectly. In fact, I have been playing the demo for Moment of Truth on XP SP2 and it runs well. Do I really need to upgrade to SP3 to get the full version of this game? Also, the US full version doesn't have a DRM or an online Steam account needed or anything does it?

lundberg500
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Has anyone out there played Moment Of Truth on Windows XP?

Jason
09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I have win XP but I have service pack 3, sorry, I am sure it works fine but maybe PM one of the forum admins? They might be able to get some details for you.

Boyarpunk
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Same here. I have XP but SP3. Moment of Truth ran flawlessly for me.
Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

lundberg500
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks. I just ordered it from amazon.com. If the demo has been playing fine with XP SP2 then I will assume the full US version will also work well with SP2.

Nokturnal
09-30-2009, 12:00 AM
If it doesn't work with SP3 then couldn't you use the computer you are currently using to get on here (obviously that one has the net) to download it and transfer it over to the other comp?

If memory serves it was under 100mb so shouldn't take too long even on a painfully slow internet connection.

lundberg500
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Yes, If it doesn't work with SP2 then I might consider upgrading to SP3 but I really think that it will work with SP2 since the demo does.

Nokturnal
09-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Yes i would assume that it still works if the demo did.
If anything maybe there is just a couple of little features (graphic effects) that won't show with SP 2

I did a quick google search, all the official websites which have the game available for purchase state that the min. requirements are SP 3.
However, for some bizzare reason, most of the websites which claim to be offering an illegal copy (torrent or rapidshare) say you only need SP 2. :P

I guess the question is, who knows better - The developers or the pirates?

lundberg500
10-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Yes, the full version of Moment of Truth is working with XP SP2 just fine. I am so pleased that the full retail version does not require the dvd to be in the tray when playing too. So far, Moment of Truth seems to be even better than the original Death To Spies.