PDA

View Full Version : using mods or maps

tddrake96
09-28-2009, 01:13 AM
when i dwonload a map or something i dono how to use it like on the editor or something it puts it as a .rar file. how do i use it to play

Morgoth
09-28-2009, 03:03 AM
when i dwonload a map or something i dono how to use it like on the editor or something it puts it as a .rar file. how do i use it to play

Make sure you have downloaded 'Winrar' first,then when you open it put all mods in your mods file in your 'MOW' Folder(which you have to make your self,as there is no 'mods' folder until you make one by right clicking in the area by pressing the right button on the mouse,ok then install it there.:grin:

Korsakov829
09-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Could use WinAce too to extract .rar files. Make a mods folder in your MoW file, and then you will have to make a maps file, etc, I can't remember, haven't been on in a few weeks.

Make sure to spell mods right, or else it wont work. Its a little complicated making all the differant folders, gave me a headache after a few hours.

Morgoth
09-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Could use WinAce too to extract .rar files. Make a mods folder in your MoW file, and then you will have to make a maps file, etc, I can't remember, haven't been on in a few weeks.

Make sure to spell mods right, or else it wont work. Its a little complicated making all the differant folders, gave me a headache after a few hours.

You dont have to make a maps folder,thats all done by the MOD makers.:grin:

Korsakov829
09-29-2009, 11:27 PM
I was sort of talking about making the mod itself..

tddrake96
10-01-2009, 12:55 AM
ok then does it jus pop up to use or something

Korsakov829
10-02-2009, 01:36 AM
..No idea.........