PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Mod

JasonG5
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I just had a great idea .. someone should make a Paintball Mod for Men Of War :) That Wud Be Sooooo Cool :) :grin:

Morgoth
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I just had a great idea .. someone should make a Paintball Mod for Men Of War :) That Wud Be Sooooo Cool :) :grin:

No it wouldnt,how would you see the little guys getting hit,& what would the objective be,except maybe to satisfy parents who dont want there kids playing killing games.:grin:

Nokturnal
09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
...You gotta be kidding?

What's next, making a mod to turn it into a car racing game?

It's an RTS not a FPS, a paintball mod would be a pointless waste of time to make and extremely dull to play.

Cmdr.Miskyavine
09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
that would be an awsome idea but people dont die from paint balls and when someone gets hit by them they run away not drop dead with a blood spatter and paint balls leave a huge mess not just bullet holes in certain oblects but other then thoose 2 cons the pros exceed them it would be fun to play

ide try it if i could acctu;ly instal mods poperly ty mow for making mods so f____ imposible to install :mad::mad::mad: well not that MoWs not a good game its my fav right now
its teh best
cyl
Post done.

Spartan184
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
The MoW mods aren't hard to install. Just make a folder called "mods" in your MoW directory and then activate them in options.

Korsakov829
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Its possible, i've heard of BF2 and BF1942 games having such stuff such as a paintball mod. Go for it!

Nokturnal
09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Its possible, i've heard of BF2 and BF1942 games having such stuff such as a paintball mod. Go for it!

I'm sorry, but how is that supposed to make sense?

The Battlefield series are all FPS games, games that involve the player running around shooting - Of course they have paintball mods, it goes without saying, every FPS game has one of those these days.

MoW is not an FPS. It would make no sense having a purely FPS based mod created for an RTS.
Sure it might work, but i still think it would be dull as ever.

Using only 1 soldier, and not really killing anyone? What's the point?
Why not just edit the game so 1 bullet = instant death and you can pretend you are using red paintballs?..

Spartan184
09-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Paint ball mod sounds cool but sounds like to much work and prob will get boring real fast.

Korsakov829
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
It would get boring for most after awhile. Increase the speed, bullet damage, differant weapons, textures, if this mod is even created and finished all that work into it will be at a loss if no one even likes it. MoW might be considered a Third-Person shooter with direct control mode aswell. The possibilities with editing and modding MoW are almost without limit.

Nokturnal
09-30-2009, 12:37 AM
That's a good point Korsakov.
With the ability to attach the camera to the unit someone could make a decent 3rd person mod. Maybe something along the lines of the level in the US campaign when you are put behind the gun of the jeep (or whatever it was) as the driver cruised around the German camps.

Or even make something similar to Death to Spies ;) Though i guess (again, in the US campaign) we already have a few stealth missions.

Korsakov829
09-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Alright, this is going to be a difficult mod as you might even need to make a entirely differant game mode. Make a race track with up to 4 cars, people shooting paintballs out of maybe back of trucks.. cars have a set course you just shoot. It would be a really hard to make..

Nokturnal
10-01-2009, 12:41 AM
No no no - Drop the paintball part :P That would just make the game seem too childish.

This is a war game, a spot of paint doesn't mean you're dead. Your body being riddled with bullets means you are dead. ;)

Instead of having vehicles driving shooting at other vehicles, i was thinking more along the lines of a surprise attack on an enemy camp. Just a simple drive-in and slaughter type scenario.
Or maybe being put in control of a tank (just the one) - They could lock you in direct-control mode and actually let you go from area to area taking out the enemies, changing ammo for certain purposes, destroying buildings to get a better shot etc...

They did something similar to this in the most recent CoH game, sadly the tank still had a health bar, unlimited ammo, and always hit it's target. So it didn't do a great job of immersing the player.
In MoW it would work well though, you'd have to be careful to avoid AT guns/enemy tanks for fear of being destroyed instantly, or you might have your treads damaged and have to repair before you can move on.
Perhaps there could even be a scene when you must exit the tank to eliminate an enemy who could spot you and alert others.

Just thoughts though, as you say it'll be very hard to make and i don't expect to see it anytime in the near future. Maybe after a few more MoW sequels. :P

Spartan184
10-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Alright, this is going to be a difficult mod as you might even need to make a entirely differant game mode. Make a race track with up to 4 cars, people shooting paintballs out of maybe back of trucks.. cars have a set course you just shoot. It would be a really hard to make..

That would be cool almost like the movie Death Track. Pretty awesome driving in Direct Control mode and shooting guns and racing down a track. Now that would be a mod i would do(If i have the skills and time to learn) or looking forward to someone making. This game would be perfect for a mod like that.

Korsakov829
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
The movie was death race. It would be cool if you could add little bonuses you can run over, etc.

Spartan184
10-03-2009, 01:36 AM
:lol: Oops my mistake i meant to say Death Race not Death Track.
Though yeah a Death Race mod for MoW would be awesome. I think i might just learn to model, and someone could code them in?

blobbob22
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
...You gotta be kidding?

What's next, making a mod to turn it into a car racing game?

It's an RTS not a FPS, a paintball mod would be a pointless waste of time to make and extremely dull to play.

autivcly i think that something like deathrace with check points where you repair your car
would be cool

Korsakov829
10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
How about this: Ranking system. You can chose differant vehicles at the begining depending on Rank. Kills, rounds won, will add to your score and help you get a rank up. Maybe for differant maps you can run over bonuses. Like in the movie, swords would give your car ammo, and shields could repair your car and add armor plating.

And to try and stick to some realism, lets say its post-WWII, and the Axis and Allied troops are slowly destroying all the cars left over from the war.

Cmdr.Miskyavine
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
o cool is someone acctuly doing a death race mod i want in on it seems cool cant wait till its finished:grin: