PDA

View Full Version : Activating MoW on Steam

JJMicromegas
09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
I purchased the game from a store but I would like to activate it on Steam so that it will automatically update. Now when I go to activate it asks me for the product code, however, I enter my CD key on the back of the manual and it tells me that it does not recognize it.

Does Steam have a separate product code for MoW that is not the CD key?

Thanks.

Morgoth
09-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I purchased the game from a store but I would like to activate it on Steam so that it will automatically update. Now when I go to activate it asks me for the product code, however, I enter my CD key on the back of the manual and it tells me that it does not recognize it.

Does Steam have a separate product code for MoW that is not the CD key?

Thanks.

Lol thats very funny dude you made me laugh when i read that,like steam are going to allow you to register your game you brought from somewhere else & then let you use steams ability to update its games as soon as patches are out lol,ill be laughing at that one for a while hehe.:grin:

ayrforce
11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Can I ask to clear things up for me,Can I buy a retail copy of this game and dont have to log on to the internet to activate it or anything like that can I just
install enter whatever code and play? Would appreciate help.:)

Nex_Lupus
11-21-2009, 11:07 AM
just to clear up some stuff that was mistaken

You just do as you would do for a normal game its not a steam attached game thus you cant use steam to update it unless you buy from steam HOWEVER

certain games they do support you can activate and dl and update throughthem but these are only games currently listed AND valve products (since steam is valve)