PDA

View Full Version : Death To Spies 3

Boyarpunk
09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Just finished Moment of Truth and though I loved it, I was left wanting more.

Please, Haggard and 1C: continue this great and promising series! I would love to see Strogov's character and background fleshed out in a third installment.

Thanks. :)

Jason
09-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah definitely, I wanted questions answered from the first games cutscenes but the ones in MOT only raised more!

persoiranian
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I would love to see Strogov's character and background fleshed out in a third installment.

Thanks. :)

me too , but what about new spies in new contries? i mean some missions in west and east germany, korea,us and uk , japan, italy and more....:grin: imagine a west german spy execute missions in east germany or opposite:-)

Jason
09-25-2009, 03:15 PM
me too , but what about new spies in new contries? i mean some missions in west and east germany, korea,us and uk , japan, italy and more....:grin: imagine a west german spy execute missions in east germany or opposite:-)

Nah... keep it the way it is, "great"

persoiranian
09-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Nah... keep it the way it is, "great"

no...ok, what about alien spies in the earth??;)

Boyarpunk
09-25-2009, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't mind another series of games featuring a totally different agent (German, British, French, etc.).

But I would like "Death To Spies" to be a continuation of Capt. Strogov's adventures. I think it would be intriguing if "DoS 3" would be set AFTER World War II. He could be a Cold War spy with missions focusing not just in West/East Germany but in various NATO countries as well (in addition to US and UK).

:grin:

Liz Shaw
09-26-2009, 04:35 AM
I wonder if SMERSH ever operated against the Japanese...

Jason
09-26-2009, 04:18 PM

That would be a cool game! :grin:

... but you can't exactly take a japanese soldiers identity as they would notice, if you know what I mean :oops:

persoiranian
09-26-2009, 05:08 PM

but in videogames they will:cool:

but you can't exactly take a japanese soldiers identity as they would notice, if you know what I mean

yes. but we can hire a mercenary to perform our tasks for SMERSH;)

Liz Shaw
09-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Suggestions for improvement:

Molotov Cocktails and Gas Grenades could be added to Strogov's arsenal. In both games, there aren't any "silent grenades".
Strogov could steal people's clothes while they're asleep, drunk, or kissing.:grin:
In both games, there wasn't anyone else capable of driving vehicles - at least, in-game.

Pizzadvl
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Suggestions for improvement:

Strogov could steal people's clothes while they're asleep, drunk, or kissing.:grin:

I will give you a beer if you can steal clothes from someone that is drunk or kissing. 8-)

AHO
10-02-2009, 10:20 PM
IBut I would like "Death To Spies" to be a continuation of Capt. Strogov's adventures.
I think it would be intriguing if "DoS 3" would be set AFTER World War II. He could be a Cold War spy with missions
focusing not just in West/East Germany but in various NATO countries as well (in addition to US and UK).

I do like this idea most. Cold War era would be a good scenario for DtS.
BTW: MoT was an Addon so next part would be "DtS 2"

Jason
10-03-2009, 04:55 AM
From C1 wesbite: "Moment of Truth is a sequel to the popular stealth action title Death to Spies."

And I was corrected on these forums for calling it a addon when its a sequel. Same thing happened with Deadly Dozen, the sequel Deadly Dozen: Pacific Theater is the second game. I asked the developers directly about that one. When they game the game engine significantly I believe they like to call it a "proper sequel", but it would be nice for Haggard Games to confirm ;)

persoiranian
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I do like this idea most. Cold War era would be a good scenario for DtS.
BTW: MoT was an Addon so next part would be "DtS 2"

agree. cold war era is the best...

Jason
10-05-2009, 04:31 AM
The Cold War is over Austin
All the cold war stuff is classified and boring. Wolrd war 2 still has plently of juice in it!

Ricardo Rodrigues
12-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi all!

Like others said before, I'd also love a next title about the Cold War. It was the pinnacle of political espionage.
A few months ago a documentary named "Top Secret" was broadcast on Discovery Channel and it was mainly about secret missions during the Cold War period. Things like British agents infiltrating into a Soviet communications centre near a boarder between West and East Berlin by digging and passing through the subsoil; an high-ranked Soviet mole inside NATO... there are many things to get inspiration about the Cold War.
Stealing documents, make contact with assets deep into the enemy territory (a bit like "The Saboteur" also), defections, infiltrations, disguised assassinations, all that stuff...

Cheers!

Liz Shaw
12-23-2009, 12:34 AM
I realized something else - there are no animals seen in DtS and MoT at all. It could be authentic if there were eg. guard dogs in any future installment.

persoiranian
12-23-2009, 03:55 AM
All the cold war stuff is classified and boring. Wolrd war 2 still has plently of juice in it!

not really.i like ww2 setting but cold war era is not boring at all.
and it depends on scenario also. how many games u have played as a soviet spy??

Jason
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I'd just like to see one more WW2 version of the game, it'd be great, there is still so much they can do!

forlik
12-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I'd just like to see one more WW2 version of the game, it'd be great, there is still so much they can do!

Absolutely agree!

bmickey
03-01-2010, 02:22 PM
As far as I know Richard Sorge operated a very succesful network in Japan - his information on japanese intents was crucial tu the USSR, as based on this knowledge they could rearrange far eastern troops for the defence of Moscow. So, it could be interesting - but I can't really imagine Strogov in a japanese uniform. :-)

OSS
06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/6/4/motd/74691/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+worthplaying+(WorthPlaying.co m+-+All+about+games!)

.. found this comment today, talks about some press event and the most interesting part is presentation? of Death to spies 3 (!)..

Liz Shaw
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Hmm... Maybe we could expect some more information in a few months...

I can't really imagine Strogov in a japanese uniform.

True, but look at how Haggard Games did the SS uniforms. They could do a similar realistic depiction of a Kempeitai uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kempeitai

As far as I know, no WWII stealth game, not even Commandos 2, had the Kempeitai, even though they were similar to the Gestapo. You may know of the Kempeitai if you watched "Letters from Iwo Jima".

forlik
06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
...Men of War, sequels like Death to Spies 3, and a few other titles...

Why "Death to Spies 3" title is used? When "Death to Spies 2" was published? :confused:

True, but look at how Haggard Games did the SS uniforms. They could do a similar realistic depiction of a Kempeitai uniform.

But what about Japanese face? :)

OSS
06-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Why "Death to Spies 3" title is used? When "Death to Spies 2" was published? :confused:

i think because of "moment of truth".. It is positioned like sequal, not an add-on..

some first screens came up (it's also on xbox now!):

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deathtospies3/images.html

Liz Shaw
06-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Analysis of the screenshots:

Judging by the poster in one of the screenshots and others, there's another mission set in America.
Policemen in Shefferd will be making a comeback.
Two enemies are highlighted in red, similarly to Altair's Eagle Vision in Assassin's Creed.
The last few screenshots seem to indicate a mission set somewhere in the Pacific. What kind of tanks are there in the screenshots?

OSS
06-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Analysis of the screenshots:

The last few screenshots seem to indicate a mission set somewhere in the Pacific. What kind of tanks are there in the screenshots?

maybe that one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M41_Walker_Bulldog ?

Liz Shaw
06-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Further studying shows that the next game moves on to the Cold War rather than further WWII operations. That's too bad, I was hoping to hear Katyusha or I Don't Wanna Set The World On Fire on grammophones.:(

According to the review, the next game takes place in the early 60s at least, and the player character seems to be Strogov still, judging by the screenshots. Seems he's still serving Soviet intelligence even though SMERSH was disbanded by that time.

Also in the review, locations include the US, Europe and Cuba(!!!). If that's the case, I wonder if Haggard Games hired actors who speak perfect Spanish with the right accent...:grin:

OSS
06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
The game very serious because of its risk

risk? what do you mean?

Liz Shaw
06-05-2010, 09:43 AM
risk? what do you mean?

This guy is a spammer! I've already sent a report!

Pankratz1980
06-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Frankly, I am disappointed. What I loved about DtS was the fact it was set during WWII.

Let's be honest, how many "behind enemy lines", "stealth" WWII games do we get that remind you of "Where Eagles Dare", "Guns of Navarone"? Not many. Commandos series (which is already dead), Death to Spies - and that's it.
Cold War era just doesn't have the same "magic" for me.

OSS
06-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Frankly, I am disappointed. What I loved about DtS was the fact it was set during WWII.

Let's be honest, how many "behind enemy lines", "stealth" WWII games do we get that remind you of "Where Eagles Dare", "Guns of Navarone"? Not many. Commandos series (which is already dead), Death to Spies - and that's it.
Cold War era just doesn't have the same "magic" for me.

well, yeah, ww2 setting ... but we still have our main character - Strogov and that is really good..

hykao
06-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Ohh, it's a good news! Q4 2010?! I'm looking forward to it! I hope in the new Cold War era we will get some cool andventure of the good old Strogov.
I can't wait some more news, pics and videos!

Whether what about file structures? Will the current vfs unpacker and shadvs tools usable to DtS3 files? I'm gonna translate DtS3 too...

PS: This police station scene reminds me of another nice stealth game named Chameleon... :)

persoiranian
06-05-2010, 02:18 PM
wooowww..another DTS..cold war era..that's my thing!

AHO
06-06-2010, 07:19 PM
wooowww..another DTS..cold war era..that's my thing!

Yeah, cold war era is damed interesting. I cannot see thiese WW2 stuff anymore... :(

forlik
06-06-2010, 08:41 PM
i think because of "moment of truth".. It is positioned like sequal, not an add-on..
Maybe it's normal for the unofficial title like "third DtS game" or "third part of Strogov's adventures", but as official game name it's very strange, IMHO.
BTW, MoT was published as "DtS: MoT" not as "DtS 2".

Frankly, I am disappointed. What I loved about DtS was the fact it was set during WWII...
...I cannot see thiese WW2 stuff anymore...
Many people - many opinions :)

As for me, the screens are pretty good. Only one thing confuses me for today - xbox360 target platform :evil:

UPD: Summary about DtS3 from IGN:
World War II finished over 20 years ago but counterintelligence services have no time to rest. The Cold War took espionage to a completely new level, more secretive and complex. The new missions will be even more intense and dangerous, but this time Captain Strogov is not alone. Two new playable characters – Strogov's comrades: Viktor Kovalev and Olga Godunova-Lopes, each with unique skills and abilities, will help him defeat the enemy. The storyline brings players to different cities in North America, Cuba and Europe.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/076/076714.html

Liz Shaw
06-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Two new playable characters – Strogov's comrades: Viktor Kovalev and Olga Godunova-Lopes, each with unique skills and abilities, will help him defeat the enemy.

This "Olga Godunova-Lopes" sounds interesting... Perhaps now we'd be able to take women's clothes...:grin:

As for me, the screens are pretty good. Only one thing confuses me for today - xbox360 target platform

I'm certain it's for the PC also...

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathtospies3/index.html

They just haven't posted screenshots for that platform yet... With any luck forlik, you could put missions from the previous two games onto the next one...:grin:

forlik
06-07-2010, 07:42 AM
This "Olga Godunova-Lopes" sounds interesting... Perhaps now we'd be able to take women's clothes...:grin:
Or attract enemies like Natasha from Commandos :)

With any luck forlik, you could put missions from the previous two games onto the next one...:grin:
:mrgreen:

forlik
06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Some new screens here:
http://www.gamestar.de/screenshots/91913/death_to_spies_3.html

hykao
06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
There is no any information about DtS3 on official Russian 1c site and Haggard Games' DtS site...it's really strange...:confused:

Liz Shaw
06-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Analysis of the new screenshots:

JFK picture replaces Roosevelt's.
New body carrying animation, similar to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Double Agent.
NPCs have a new cowering animation.
One of the screenshots shows a hacienda, definitely one of the Cuban missions the reviews were talking about.
Is it just me, or are there AI-controlled vehicles now. If you look at one of the screenshots, there are Walker Bulldogs still on the transport ship.

persoiranian
06-08-2010, 04:49 AM
There is no any information about DtS3 on official Russian 1c site and Haggard Games' DtS site...it's really strange...:confused:

yes,.....:confused::?: someone will confirm it?

Liz Shaw
06-08-2010, 05:00 AM
There isn't a Wikipedia article on DtS 3 either... Maybe it'll show up on their websites in a few weeks...

OSS
06-08-2010, 06:36 AM

well, i think that because there was no official anounce from publisher yet..

Liz Shaw
06-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Perhaps when an admin like Nike-it will acknowledge its development on this forum, you should look on those websites then.

Nike-it
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Guys, wait a bit for official announcement. More info and content are coming;)

slamelov
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I hope they do not "consolize" a great game like DTS.

Will it have multiplayer cooperative? Like Hidden and Dangerous?

Divebomb
06-08-2010, 01:55 PM
yeah, same. I really don't like the look of this grey overlay with red glowing enemies

Liz Shaw
06-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Just because this will be the first DtS game on a console doesn't mean it won't be on the PC. Remember Thief: Deadly Shadows? It was the third in the Thief series and the first to make it to a console...;)

Anyway, you heard Nike-it! Stay tuned!:grin:

forlik
06-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Agree. I think all of us hope so.

Just because this will be the first DtS game on a console doesn't mean it won't be on the PC. Remember Thief: Deadly Shadows? It was the third in the Thief series and the first to make it to a console...;)
He didn't mean this. Remember "Return to castle Wolfenstein" and last "Wolfenstein"? :)

Nike-it
06-09-2010, 06:56 AM
First preview of DTS 3
http://spawnkill.com/2010/06/07/preview-death-to-spies-3/

Liz Shaw
06-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Judging by the review's description of the early demo level, it seems FBI agents will also be making a comeback...

Divebomb
06-09-2010, 08:39 AM
too bad the writer didn't seem to have any prior knowledge of the series, other than knowing it existed. very interested to see actually what's different, apart from the time/setting. that text sounded like.. any dts mission. would love for dts to become a lot more open-ended. and supporting more ways to solve each map

Pizzadvl
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Not everyone here has a Super gaming PC.

And so what that it does come to a console?

Divebomb
06-10-2010, 03:07 AM
death to spies doesn't require a super gaming pc though. what they've done in the process of moving it to consoles that is noticable so far is change the way alert levels appear and the way you look at the map. you now go into some sort of magic vision mode that enhances colour contrasts and people on the level will turn up white/yellow/red, and probably a fourth last one when they are attacking you, depending on alert level. there is no on-screen minimap in this version but a separate map you bring up that covers the entire screen. it just looks like the changes made have been done because they've had to lower resolution in the console version and it was not possible to fit all the ui information from previous version on the screen without obscuring too much of the view. or something like this. so that is a problem. hopefully the console specific changes will stay on the console version

AHO
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Many people - many opinions :)
Your'e right. On one hand I'm glad about Cold War era, but on the other
hand I cannot imagine DtS without Nazis? :(

forlik
06-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Your'e right. On one hand I'm glad about Cold War era, but on the other hand I cannot imagine DtS without Nazis? :(

If you mean DtS as organization SMERSH, yes. It can't be imagine without nazis because it was officially discontinued in 1946. I think in DtS3 Semen works in counterintelligence department of KGB.

AHO
06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
If you mean DtS as organization SMERSH, yes. It can't be imagine without nazis because it was officially discontinued in 1946. I think in DtS3 Semen works in counterintelligence department of KGB.

No, I meant the game...

forlik
06-12-2010, 05:50 AM
One new screen here:
http://games.1c.ru/smersh2/?type=gallery

The official russian title is "Death to Spies 2" :)

Divebomb
06-12-2010, 08:09 AM
death to spies 2 dangerous game even

slamelov
06-13-2010, 11:37 PM

Anyway, you heard Nike-it! Stay tuned!:grin:

I didn't mean that, I was talking abut "consolization = idiotize", or "dumb down" the game. You said Thief Deadly Shadows, and it's a great example about "consolization". First two games were much better. The Same for Deus Ex 1 and Deus Ex Invisible War.

Boyarpunk
06-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I gotta agree here. As much as I love the announcement of DtS 3, I am a bit concerned that the PC verision will be a dumbed down, sloppily optimized console port. :(

I've seen too many great PC-exclusive franchises turn to crap once they started to become multi-platform releases.

Nike-it
06-15-2010, 07:48 AM
One more preview of DTS 3 based on the demo, show at our event in San Francisco.
http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Death-to-Spies-3/Item2684.aspx

forlik
06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
One more preview of DTS 3 based on the demo, show at our event in San Francisco.

"When introducing the game, David Tractenberg (of Traction PR) quipped that Death to Spies 3 is considerably easier." :evil:

Nike-it
06-15-2010, 08:24 AM
There will be absolutely different difficulty levels, for new-ones and also for hardcore players.

forlik
06-15-2010, 09:00 AM
There will be absolutely different difficulty levels, for new-ones and also for hardcore players.
That's very good, thanks!
But in DtS/MoT also was easy difficulty level. Why the reviewer said that it was too hard for him... :confused:

OSS
06-16-2010, 06:34 AM
I gotta agree here. As much as I love the announcement of DtS 3, I am a bit concerned that the PC verision will be a dumbed down, sloppily optimized console port. :(

I've seen too many great PC-exclusive franchises turn to crap once they started to become multi-platform releases.

i don't agree with you on that.. the are many good stealth games out there, that also on consoles - splinter cell, hitman, thief & etc..

Liz Shaw
06-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Hell, the first Hitman game was PC-exclusive when it came out back in 2000...

OSS
06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Hell, the first Hitman game was PC-exclusive when it came out back in 2000...

that doesn't mean other hitman games is bad (released on consoles)? is it? :)

Liz Shaw
06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
that doesn't mean other hitman games is bad (released on consoles)? is it? :)

Of course not!

Jason
07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I can't believe I missed the announcement of Death to Spies 3! not too late though. I am very disappointed that the game is not set during World War 2, this was a major point for me playing the game at all. All the new features just make me wish even more that it was set during WW2 :cry:

It looks and sounds pretty good but why couldn't you guys do just one more set in WW2. When has the Cold War ever been a hot topic? :-P

forlik
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Jason, don't worry ahead of time ;)
WW2 missions (at least one!) will be also.

Jason
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
So there will be a first mission set in WW2? that leads into the rest of the story?

Hrmmm, at this point I am really concerned but will definitely keep myself updated with it's progress. I haven't actually played the original games through since my first go. Will definitely get stuck into them again shortly.

Liz Shaw
07-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Jason, don't worry ahead of time ;)
WW2 missions (at least one!) will be also.

What do you mean? Is there any source that says there will be a WWII mission in DtS3?

forlik
07-14-2010, 07:51 AM
What do you mean?
I mean that in DtS2 we will fight against nazis also ;)

Is there any source that says there will be a WWII mission in DtS3?
Sure. It was the developer's post at the official russian forum.

So there will be a first mission set in WW2? that leads into the rest of the story?
There are no exactly info about it. I think something like that.

Liz Shaw
07-14-2010, 09:12 AM
I mean that in DtS2 we will fight against nazis also ;)

Good to hear that the Germans we know and love are being reused, even though their appearance will be minor this time around...:grin:

forlik
06-01-2011, 06:34 AM
The first screen with Kovalev:
http://www.playground.ru/view.php?image=42934

Liz Shaw
06-01-2011, 10:01 AM

How do you know if it's THE Viktor Kovalev?

It's funny that a new screenshot of DtS2 shows up when I'm on holiday in Canberra again - DtS2 was announced not long after I got back from my LAST trip to Canberra.:mrgreen:

And I wonder who's standing in front of him? Judging from the yellow helmet, looks like a firefighter or construction worker...

forlik
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
How do you know if it's THE Viktor Kovalev?
Well, it's not Sema. And I hope it's not Olga :)

And I wonder who's standing in front of him? Judging from the yellow helmet, looks like a firefighter or construction worker...
Agree.

Jason
06-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Looks like Fins the Marine from Commandos... like a direct rip-off lol

Oh well, that's not a bad thing ;)