PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Menu and Load Times

JJMicromegas
09-23-2009, 02:52 AM
So the game actually runs fine on my system but anytime I go to a menu, or go to save a game, or in fact try to exit the game it stalls for about 30 seconds. This occurs even if I want to do simple things like changing difficulty settings or anything simple. Yet the actual game runs without being choppy at all on my system. I have also patched it to 1.11.3.

Can anyone help me or has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Morgoth
09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
So the game actually runs fine on my system but anytime I go to a menu, or go to save a game, or in fact try to exit the game it stalls for about 30 seconds. This occurs even if I want to do simple things like changing difficulty settings or anything simple. Yet the actual game runs without being choppy at all on my system. I have also patched it to 1.11.3.

Can anyone help me or has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe you have corrupt drivers,or posibly even the game instalation itself,you could try both uninstalling the game completely & reinstalling,& also updating all your drivers to the latest ones.:grin:

JJMicromegas
09-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the input, I may have to re-install but I had the same problem with the demo version and figured that it was just due to it being a demo.

As for re-installing the game, that could be a possibility, what boggles me is that my game runs fine when I am on a mission, but as soon as I choose a menu option it stalls up badly.

JJMicromegas
09-24-2009, 03:02 AM
So I updated my video and audio drivers. I still have the problem, anyone have any more ideas? I would appreciate the help and don't know where else to go.

Morgoth
09-24-2009, 11:21 AM
So I updated my video and audio drivers. I still have the problem, anyone have any more ideas? I would appreciate the help and don't know where else to go.

Actualy ive got a feeling i know what the problem is,i had a similar thing happen to me on another game called Fallout 3,& i found the problem was clashing codec's that was causing delays,i solved the problem with this handy little program at this link;

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html

all you do is run the program,then it allows you to disable or enable each codec on your system,which you can then see if your game still has the same problem,i presume you know how to go to desktop while in game,to save you having to keep reloading game (either by pressing Ctrl/Alt/Delete at the same time or by pressing the 'start' button on the keyboard-which is inbetween the Ctrl & Alt buttons).:grin:

JJMicromegas
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
A sincere thanks, I'll give it a try tonight.

Morgoth
09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
A sincere thanks, I'll give it a try tonight.

One other small point,it may even be simply your codec's are out of date,go to this site for some free ones,i suggest the Kazzaa lite codecs,myself,i run them & have no problems with them.:grin:

http://www.free-codecs.com/

JJMicromegas
09-28-2009, 02:23 AM
So I found the problem at last, it is what you stated however not exactly. For anyone that has an HP computer, HP has specific applications that create this problem. Basically you have to disable the following Processes from the Task Manager:
HBKAPP
QService
QCTLR

(not the exact spelling but something along those lines).

Problem fixed, spread the word if there are other HP comps out there. Also this seems to be a problem only with games made outside of North America and the UK, games not specifically targeting the NA market perhaps don't take these processes into account, maybe HP isn't big over seas.